No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Let's be honest, there was a mystique around Algeri when he beat Provod that made it seem like a feasible fight. Looking back with 20/20 hindsight and saying it was a massive squash is not being entirely honest because that's not how it looked at the time. Highly competitive? Perhaps not. But, people expected Algeri to present problems to Pac. No one really thought Lemieux was going to make it past 6 rounds.
    The way I saw it was(not even hindsight) that if Provodnikov can kock down Algieri that many times that easily, Pacquiao can do it even more often, which is what happened. It appeared that Algieir had a bit of a balance issue that he seemed to have improved vs Khan. Instead of being on his toes all the time, he actually put pressure on and used a different style, maybe this was credit to John David Jackson, or whoever is his new trainer, I forgot, I think it is JDJ. But yeah, his style of being on his toes and fighting like he did pre-JDJ made for getting knocked down a lot by the top fighters. Another thing that backs up my theory is that he was never actually badly hurt in any of the KD's aganst Prov and Pacquiao. He just could not keep his balance, and yeah they were legit KD's that buzzed him, but he definitely helped Prov and Pac with those KD's because of his balance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luiz View Post

Barcham lurking this thread like..

Comment

• Bad :-/ Very disappointing.

He sold the arena out fast and sold a lot of merchandise, but did very poorly on PPV. I guess the hardcore boxing fans love him but casuals have no idea who he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Barcham lurking this thread like..

Barcham visits Salim_Shady for creating this thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            97k?

Bbbut lil g's supposed to be da A-side
            Well it is still 97,000 more then the guy at 168

Comment

The real numbers. FLOP

#GLASED
              Glaser once again revealing what these big shot promoters and networks don't want you to hear, the truth. #GLASED

Comment

The real numbers. FLOP

#GLASED
                Wow, what a colossal failure. HBO lost millions on this mismatch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  Well it is still 97,000 more then the guy at 168
                  97,000 is less views than Broner's sex tape

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    "Now I won't mention obvious foreign fights like Pac vs Hatton-Present."

That is the only time I mentioned Pac-Hatton and it was too exclude it because it was too obvious that Pac and Hatton were already PPV stars so I didn't count them.

Na, if you got as much buzz as GGG and you fight an actual challenge, you will get good PPV support. If GGG fought Kovalev on HBO PPV, it would be a success. Or GGG vs Froch, or Stevenson. The foreign fighter excuse has been broken and destroyed plenty of times. Boxing fans will support good PPV fights, and terrible PPV mismatches will bomb.
                    Yeahi I don't buy this "Foreign" excuse, that's the most dumbest excuse that people try to use to justify a PPV failure. Fact is America don't care if you are foreigner or not, if they like you then they would buy your fights, they would support a foreign fighter over their own, that does not happen anywhere else without accusation of some not patriotic enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                      97,000 is less views than Broner's sex tape
                      It's probably less then a cat playing with yarn but it's still more the Ward lol

Comment

Working...
                      X