No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
    the problem with golovkin is that he's actually believing some of his nerdy pimpled faced fans..........against cotto he won't accept anything under 160 and probably is gonna want a large split (same for canelo) this is the type of stuff that can ruin those fights and golovkin will be back to fighting rubio while being proclaimed to be greater then monzon all over again...........

he truly believes that he's a A side PPV star which is one of the reasons he laughed away from ward. the guy isn't getting any younger and should at least know his current position in boxing. not a delusional one brought fourth by his fans...........
    Well I'm a fan but I have no pimples lol....
    Cotto fought Martinez at 159 so I would hope he'd do 158-157 for GGG.. But we all know he will say 155 or no fight and then GGG has to make a decision based on how healthy he can fight at that weight I guess.

Ward is no star either honestly. We know he's a great fighter but ask any casual fan on the street and they couldn't even tell you who he's beat. They'd probably think he was just a commentator on HBO.

GGG is probably the 3rd biggest star in boxing behind Canelo and Cotto if we rule out Manny at this point. That doesn't equate to PPV sales though. Even Canelo and Cotto only do 300-350 and Manny vs Rios and Algieri did the same.

Just proves you need 2 guys to sell.. GGG vs Canelo would do 1 million plus easy...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Yea I would say they did a bit better than break even, but Golovkin and Lemieux aren't going to be getting a big check from the profits.
      Yeah no upside on the backend of this show for sure....got his feet wet and it proved he needs a great B side even as popular as he is right now..Canelo is that guy IMO.

Comment

Ehhh,I'm withholding opinions until the official numbers come out.

Comment

wow man thats pretty low

Comment

Originally posted by Anita Gofradump View Post
            1. It's Floydhype.
            2. It's been three days.
            3. It did at least half a million.
            I was with you on the first two. Number 3 looks absurd though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              PPV is a dying model folks...Mayweather Berto did terrible and now this....if there's not 2 A side fighters people don't wanna pay..

Next months fight will do huge numbers I assume because it's 2 stars..
              dying model??? IS that what we are going with now?

Comment

Mexican style is just not quite Mexican enough to pull off PPV's just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  dying model??? IS that what we are going with now?
                  You know I laughed my ass off...
                  Last edited by meme_man; 10-20-2015, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                    Chavez Jr had a whole country behind him and is the son of a mexican legend... big difference.
                    thats what you don't get. you ether have to have a IT factor about you or a nation behind you. thats what makes ppv stars. and golovkin doesn't have that. and probably never will. you golovkin fans need to cut the PPV a side crap out and let golovkin be a old school blood and guts fighter. stop turning down opponents claiming that you are an A side PPV star because thats gonna end him up on talamundo in 6 years fighting a commentator who's a boxer by trade.

Comment

I would wait before any source beside fighthype started throwing figures around the air.

btw OP thanks for making me click that link and give fighthype a hit... smh.

Comment

Working...
                      X