No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
    I just don't see it. Prior to Pacquiao vs. Mayweather, no one was doing 1M+ buys anymore. Canelo hasn't come close on his own. Cotto hasn't come close either. Pacquiao and Mayweather no longer do those numbers alone. Canelo vs. Cotto will be fortunate to hit 1M. And if the fight doesn't hit 1M, it's pretty much the nail in the coffin that the 1M buy days are over.
    The nail in the coffin lol. Jesus Christ boxing fans are negative as f#ck.

And no one was doing 1M+ numbers lately cuz no one was engaging in perceived competitive fights.

Manny last did 1M+ getting KTFO & then Arum put him in light in PPV fights. Honestly I think everyone can agree those were HBO fights (Rios & Algieri), but not HBO PPV fights.

Same thing with Floyd. Floyd's last 1M+ (2M+ rly) PPV fight was vs Canelo. After that he fought Maidana, who I believe few if any seen as competitive the first or second time around & then Berto who no one saw as competitive.

You can't give me sardines, but tell me its salmon.

And assuming Canelo wins, then what? Who's going to be his next big dance partner to make an attempt @ 1M outside of GGG?
    Now thats an honest question & concern. And I'll be honest & say idk the answer to that one. So many things can happen in boxing. Things change on a dime all the time in boxing. Just a lil bit ago it was looking like Pacquiao vs Matthysse might be a semi-interesting PPV fight & now its looking like Crawford vs Postal could be a important HBO fight. Thats just cuz of one fight going a certain way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasiabruja View Post
      That idea is so ridiculous all you have to do is go back to May 2nd, where all PPV records were broken. That's pretty good for a dying model. Lol
      That was for the biggest fight in boxing history.

Pacquiao and Mayweather alone haven't hit 1M in quite some time now.

Boxing's third biggest star is Canelo, and alone he hasn't hit 500K.

Next is Cotto, and he didn't hit 400K in his last PPV with a worthy challenger.

If you don't see the downtrend pattern here, not sure what to tell you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
        i doubt it will, given that the cable company takes half off the top and ggg got 2.5 and lemeiux got 1 or 1.5mil plus all the promotional logistical stuff that ain't cheap. they were aiming for 200k and sold less than 150k. plus add in all of his nuthuggers that were claiming he would do 300k easily. yea i call that a fail.
        The event sold more than 20,000 tickets and did $120,000 in merchandise. There is more to profits than just the PPV numbers, which are very preliminary anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          That was for the biggest fight in boxing history.

Pacquiao and Mayweather alone haven't hit 1M in quite some time now.

Boxing's third biggest star is Canelo, and alone he hasn't hit 500K.

Next is Cotto, and he didn't hit 400K in his last PPV with a worthy challenger.

If you don't see the downtrend pattern here, not sure what to tell you.

That is precisely it though. Alone. . . You need 2 to make a good fight (well in theory atleast to generate interest)

I guess that is your point though actually.
          Last edited by MPX309; 10-20-2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Lets expect the oficial numbers. But I don't see fighthype lying about it.

I expected 300k , so 150k was very low.

So forget Corto or Canelo if this is the final number.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              The nail in the coffin lol. Jesus Christ boxing fans are negative as f#ck.

And no one was doing 1M+ numbers lately cuz no one was engaging in perceived competitive fights.

Manny last did 1M+ getting KTFO & then Arum put him in light in PPV fights. Honestly I think everyone can agree those were HBO fights (Rios & Algieri), but not HBO PPV fights.

Same thing with Floyd. Floyd's last 1M+ (2M+ rly) PPV fight was vs Canelo. After that he fought Maidana, who I believe few if any seen as competitive the first or second time around & then Berto who no one saw as competitive.

You can't give me sardines, but tell me its salmon.

Now thats an honest question & concern. And I'll be honest & say idk the answer to that one. So many things can happen in boxing. Things change on a dime all the time in boxing. Just a lil bit ago it was looking like Pacquiao vs Matthysse might be a semi-interesting PPV fight & now its looking like Crawford vs Postal could be a important HBO fight. Thats just cuz of one fight going a certain way.
              If you call being realistic as negative, then I guess it is. Give me a realistic matchup that you think can potentially make 1M. Because I just don't see it anymore! Those days are gone, and Mayweather and Pacquiao are on their way out to make matters worse. There are no mainstream stars outside of those 2.

Pacquiao vs. Matthysse was not going to be a 1M PPV fight either. There's no one Mayweather can fight and do 1M too either (minus maybe GGG). Sure, things in boxing can sometimes change quickly. But not that quickly! Crawford vs Postal is a cool fight, but neither is going to transcend the other. Crawford vs. Pacquiao could transcend Crawford if he wins. But I just don't see him being that next 1M PPV star overnight. It's just my opinion that those days are gone, or at least gone for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Mandatory defence > Catchweight demand
                Give it up homie. The whole unification nonsense was only relevant if GGG proved to be a big enough draw to at least command respect at the negotiation table. If these numbers are accurate, he is a 100% B-side with Cotto or Nelo. Not to mention the stuff Team GGG pulled with the 164 catchweight for Ward. There's gonna be very little public sympathy for GGG if Cotto or Nelo ****s him in negotiations. He'll get some f4om his diehard fans. But quite frankly, its not enough of yall to really make a difference.

Comment

• The problem here is that he is NOT Mexican or Puerto Rican and we are the ones that buy PPV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    The event sold more than 20,000 tickets and did $120,000 in merchandise. There is more to profits than just the PPV numbers, which are very preliminary anyway.
                    K2 Promoter said over 2 would be a success.

Comment

• Originally posted by carloscruz10009 View Post
                      Why are you so against Ward-GGG? Its clear, neither are stars at this point in their careers. So why not just say hell with all the d1ck measuring and let's make a superfight. It nay not be a mega event. But its damn sure a superfight among real fights. What's the problem???
                      The problem is that GGG has real business to take care of at middleweight. What is there about that you Ward nut suckers cannot understand? Once Golovkin has unified the division and HE decides to move up, THEN the fight can happen. Maybe it would be nice if in the meantime Ward had a couple of fights against, oh, I don't know... REAL ****ING FIGHTERS WHO ARE RANKED IN THE TOP 10 instead of hired punching bags. Maybe Ward can do his part to actually get his face out there on something other than a milk carton?

Bunch of fools.

Comment

Working...
                      X