Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150k ? Really? I was expecting alot more.

Comment

• Crazy watching those "number crunchers" suddenly not caring about numbers.

Watched baseball so sorry i didnt contribute but this wasnt a PPV fight and GGG didnt belong on it yet.

Hope PPV model dies soon.

Comment

• Problem with triple G is he has ZERO personality. He can knock people out, sure but that's just one part of the equation. There's nothing interesting about him, and the fact that his division has the same type of boring players, people find it hard to either root for or against him.

I just hope people would now realize why Mayweather Jr's "TBE" title is justified. He brought numbers accross the boards and made boxing exciting in terms of bringing drama and hype to his fights. I know I'm going off a tangent here, but I thought I'd throw this in here anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          Of course, it can still be successful. But there's no one in boxing that are big mainstream stars right now besides Mayweather and Pacquiao. GGG is not a mainstream star, not even close. Don't be surprised if Cotto vs. Canelo doesn't even hit 1 million. Years ago, that was a guarantee. Not anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised. it might do 600-800k

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Has that ever happened before?
            Pacquiao-Clottey/Hatton

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              I doubt there can be any accurate & reliable numbers that fast.

I was expecting around 200k. Anything over 100k is over the breaking even point and making profit I would imagine.
              100k x $50 = 5 mil. Half goes to the cable companies, so 2.5 million for all purses etc.. Failure.

Comment

• this means GGG needs to fight on PBC

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  Pacquiao-Clottey/Hatton
                  Jesus, yeah pacquiao of course. how soon I forget

Comment

• Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
                    If you think about it thought two non American fighters neither of them being Latino did 150,000 on PPV on HBO is pretty successful don't you think.
                    That's like a moral victory.

Comment

• this is why im not mad that haymon is putting boxing back on regular tv

Comment

Working...
                      X