Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Lemieux set another MSG record!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    This was on sale.... basically a walking billboard

Comment

Interesting that there's no mention of the live gate anywhere, from what I've seen

Folks have been swooning over themselves about the "OMG, Golovkin put almost 21k people into a building !!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!" headline, yet I do recall a poster, on this site, talking about how they were going to see the Golovkin fight live with a $25 ticket.

Canelo Alvarez put nearly 45k into the stadium for his fight with James Kirkland; doesn't change the fact that said fight barely did over $1m at the gate, since they were moving a lot of $15 tickets.

The again, this is Golovkin we're talking about; hype over substance, every time. Will laugh my ass off when the quietly note, in a few weeks, that Golovkin did under $900k off of over 20k tickets sold.

[note; Floyd Mayweather, when he was fighting, routinely did north of $1m in merchandise revenue for his fights. K2 jumping for joy over $120k in merchandise sales (Wrestlemania having been at MSG for I, X, and XX has me doubting the relevance of K2's numbers) smells a lot like when K2 was jumping for joy over selling out StubHub, though later admitting that their "sellout" barely did $500k in live gate business.]

Comment

Cotto got evicted

Comment

Not bad. I bought myself a hat on the way out. I brought 8 friends. 7 of which had never been to a fight. They all said they were having a great time well before the main event even started. Great show and great night overall. The atmosphere was outstanding in there.

Comment

Cotto sold out MSG 10 times, this is nothing lmao... #CottovsCanelo tickets are more than $3000 for each ticket, is not even close comparing this with Cotto vs Canelo event.

Comment

K2 needs to start bringing Usyk, so he could fight on GGG undercards.
              It's too bad that Loma and Gvozdyk decided to sign with Top Rank instead of signing with the Future, K2 promotions.

Kovalev needs to drop Kathy Duva and sign with the real promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Folks have been swooning over themselves about the "OMG, Golovkin put almost 21k people into a building !!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!" headline, yet I do recall a poster, on this site, talking about how they were going to see the Golovkin fight live with a $25 ticket.

Canelo Alvarez put nearly 45k into the stadium for his fight with James Kirkland; doesn't change the fact that said fight barely did over $1m at the gate, since they were moving a lot of $15 tickets.

The again, this is Golovkin we're talking about; hype over substance, every time. Will laugh my ass off when the quietly note, in a few weeks, that Golovkin did under $900k off of over 20k tickets sold.

[note; Floyd Mayweather, when he was fighting, routinely did north of $1m in merchandise revenue for his fights. K2 jumping for joy over $120k in merchandise sales (Wrestlemania having been at MSG for I, X, and XX has me doubting the relevance of K2's numbers) smells a lot like when K2 was jumping for joy over selling out StubHub, though later admitting that their "sellout" barely did $500k in live gate business.]
                would you give floyd oral *** if given the opportunity?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Nice. Good to see a boxer doing well and getting in people that spend money. Just too bad he is aligning himself with *****-although that will surely lift his profile immensely.
                  Meh, I figure he'll break even with aligning himself with *****, all Golovkin has to do is keep knocking people out, the politics will take of themselves....

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    [note; Floyd Mayweather, when he was fighting, routinely did north of $1m in merchandise revenue for his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      would you give floyd oral *** if given the opportunity?
                      No. Unlike the Golovkin Defense Force, I'm neither a closeted *******ual, nor a person willing to turn ***** for a fighter that fulfills every wild fantasy that they've had of the "macho fighter".

Interesting that you immediate switch to *******ual talk once the reality hits you that Golovkin-Lemeiux probably didn't even do $1m at the gate after 4 fights at the same ****ing building. [For comparison's sake, Danny "Swift" Garcia, 5 fights into his run at Barclays Center, is already drawing $1m gates and he's still filling out his building]

Comment

Working...
                      X