No announcement yet.

GGG shoulder roll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    No one gives a **** about the amateurs, and yes, everyone he's fought as a pro is a bum.
    Another alt here...

... That's precisely why all articles on Andre Ward don't forget to mention that he is the (last) U.S. champion at the Olympics...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Another alt here...

... That's precisely why all articles on Andre Ward don't forget to mention that he is the (last) U.S. champion at the Olympics...
      Looool. Alt? Why? Because I don't worship GGG? What do articles about Andre Ward have to do with what he's done as a pro? Was Audley Harrison not a gold medal winner?

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
        Fighters who had that long amateur career always have difficulties dealing with the tricks of the trade of the pros, yeah GGG doesn't use much clinching if any, but how would he deal with someone strong trying to clinch him and neutralize him, when u r fighting a guy like GGG u gotta show him different looks, sometimes u move sometimes u fight on the inside sometimes u clinch sonetimes u push him off sometimes u use ur forearms to keep him at bay, he just never fought someone that can show him this versatility.
        Murray tried to clinch and hold. Ask him how well that all worked out for him.

Comment

Ggg's defense and jab was on display against Lemeuix, no question about it

Ggg himself said he could fight uber defensively like Mayweather if he wanted, he just doesn't want to bore people

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
            Looool. Alt? Why? Because I don't worship GGG? What do articles about Andre Ward have to do with what he's done as a pro? Was Audley Harrison not a gold medal winner?
            Do you really know what "worship" actually means?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
              I'm starting to see GGG utilize that move more and more. It was apparent in the Ishida fight, he employed it against Murray and was one of the main defenses against Lemieux. Dude can move in and out like Mayweather, kid you not!
              He a slickster doe...SMH

Comment

Do you really know what "worship" actually means?
                Of course I do. That's why I said it.

Comment

You're an alt too, right?
                  ... And you are suppose to talk "boxing", right? Not street fighting, not illegal underground fights?

I liked your "assessment"... a lot...
                  All you came up with was about illegal "techniques" according to professional boxing rules, doe!

By the way: you forgot about headbutting him a little...
                  This is professional boxing, not the amateurs, neutralizing ur opponent is something that almost all elite fighters throughout the course of history did, this is a long 12 round fight, u do whatever it takes to win the psycological abd physical war unless u r warned by the ref, all great fighters had to deal with borderline veteran tactics too, that's just the way the game is and has been for the last hundred years, if u can't deal with these things u should never turn pro, this is a part of pro fighting and it's the fighters job to utilize it or not get affected by it, everyone tried to clinch Mike Tyson, most of the time he still could overcome and find a way to win.

Comment

@Dip Slide
                    If you haven't seen him doing it yet it wouldn't mean he doesn't know how to do it, on the contrary he did it in some of his older fights. Proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZZ2GrBRNxY

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                      Murray tried to clinch and hold. Ask him how well that all worked out for him.
                      Truth! Look at how much bigger Murray was and he couldn't hold or clinch GGG. As soon as GGG know that was Murray's gameplan he started using his head to neutralize the clinch and pulled his arms from Murray. I actually thought the ref should've warned or deduct a point from Murray for holding onto dear life of GGG's arms during some of the rounds.

Look at some of the recent fights ggg has and when the opp gets hurt they try to hold onto ggg, but because his balance and distance is so good, they couldnt. When they reach in he backs up or turn to the side. That's one thing GGG/Kovalev/Klistchko are very good at. Distancing themselves from the opp...Very effective! The only American fighters that can do that are Mayweather and Andre Ward...

Comment

Working...
                      X