No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Al Haymon/Investors Get Upper Hand in Top Rank Lawsuit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    Top Rank taking L's always puts a smile on my face.

Almost as much as every Golden Boy fighter getting knocked out does.
    Me too

Gonna be a good day today.

Comment

I have zero interest in this, who wins/loses. None.
      All I want is meaningful fights.
      I enjoyed last Saturday's NBC fights, though, with Williams and Peterson winning.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        HBO is a network they do not manager any fighters. Despite Haymon's shady "advisor" role he is legally registered as a manager. A manager can't be writing checks which is the responsibility of a promoter. So which is your defense that he is not breaking the Ali Act and acting as both Manager and Promoter or that the law is foolish? On one side you are denying it's happening but then saying it's ok if he is breaking the law because in your opinion right now the fighters are not being hurt by it. Well I can't go drinking and driving and when the cop pulls me over say I drink and drive all the time and I am a excellent driver and I do it all the time and have never hurt anyone else on the road and none of the other cars are complaining. If it's a law and your breaking it it's illegal.

What Dibella says is irrelevant he is working for Haymon he has to defend him what the hell else would he say. Plus he's not even mentioned in any of these lawsuits and can always play ignorance. Again it's Haymon who is accused of breaking the law not Dibella.

Of course if multiple boxers of his are referring and calling him a promoter which is illegal is a big deal because he's denying that's what he is. Well if everyone in the industry knows it and even his own fighters are telling you this you don't think that gives the courts reason to force him to open up his books and explain his actual role? Golden Boy is saying the promoters name you see on his shows is a sham and that he is really the one promoting it and handling the promoter duties.

The screen shot of a fighters check is not the only evidence Golden Boy has and more will clearly come out in court. But many lawsuits have been created and won because of things people post on twitter. The point of the check is this man says he is not a promoter yet his fighters call him a promoter and he is writing purse checks to his fighters like a promoter. Whether you agree with the Ali Act or not the point is he is clearly violating it and is not just a fighters manager and Golden Boy worked with him closely and have insider knowledge of how he works and I'm sure will the lawsuit will lead to them requesting that he make specific documents public. But again which is it are you denying he is also a promoter or is your argument he should be allowed to be both because you keep flip flopping between the two?
        I know very little about any of this..... other than the fact that Bob Arum has been a deceitful underhanded lying dishonest piece of shht for years now.

No way has Haymon proven to be worse than him, or even close.

Fcuk that old **** Arum, he did it to himself.

He would be happy to continue raping his old model for the rest of his (hopefully) short life..... but the world saw a better model and moved on.

Sit and spin Bob, you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by wlliam View Post
          Im not a Haymon supporter but Fk Arum, anytime it doesnt go his way its good for the sport. And honestly, were only at 41 comments!? Why tf isnt there 100+?

TR just took a blow and the biggest Haymon haters are hurtn bcuz this is the lawsuit they leaned on the most. I remember when these 1st came about posters were saying Bobs lawsuit holds more water than GBPs bcuz it was written better and also bcuz Bob had a law degree from harvard lol

Well it looks like PBC is here to stay for now and although i havent directly supported the product, the fights have steadily gotten better.
          Exactly !

Isn't that a shameful statement to make, considering that it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            ... The Ali Act makes no issue of a manager writing a check; the only manager related issue in the Ali Act is an instance where the manager gets a check from the fighter while also getting an addition check for the promotion of the event (think Barry McGuigan getting a manager's check from Carl Frampton while Barry McGuigan's Cyclone Promotions also gets a check for hosting the Frampton fight).

Unless you've got some instance where you have Al Haymon going to some athletic commission to secure the right to stage a fight, there's no case to be had.

You add that Golden Boy has already received a payout, to settle the break-up between Golden Boy and Haymon-aligned fighters (as a package deal to settle the matter with Richard Schaefer), and Golden Boy's entire case is already dead in the water (outside of Haymon no longer going to Golden Boy to promote his fights, nothing has actually changed between when Golden Boy was happy to do business with Haymon versus when Haymon no longer wanted to do business with Oscar). No judge is that silly.
            Scipio2009 let the grown men talk and go sit at the kids table. You have your tongue so far up Haymon's arsss it's impossible to take anything you say serious. This the same dude who just last week was saying the reason PBC ratings flopped on ESPN was because of a WNBA game on ESPN2 and then said since there is no baseball on friday the PBC on SPIKETV card with Fonfara was going to get 800K-1mil viewers.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=691254&page=3

Well you Haymon knob swallowing idiot the TV ratings came out and PBC tanked again with only 315k viewers just a little shy of that 800K mark you predicted huh?

Managers DO NOT PAY FIGHTERS PURSES. That's a promoters job. Golden Boy and their dealings with Haymon are why Schaefer got his butt fired. Everyone knows while Schaefer ran things towards the end Golden Boy was Haymon's puppet. That's why Oscar took over his control and fired Schaefer and sued them and won by the way getting a huge check. Their latest lawsuit has nothing to do with that hell a judge already sided with Golden Boy on that point.

Comment

Why doesn't this thread have 200 comments about now?

Comment

What does PBC stand for again?

Protected Bums fighting Cabdriers?

or

Promoters Burning Cash

Anyhow, lets see how long their cash lasts, they are burning millions of $ and have almost no viewers because 95% of the cards are trash. Who cares if they are free, i dont want free trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                  What does PBC stand for again?

Protected Bums fighting Cabdriers?

or

Promoters Burning Cash

Anyhow, lets see how long their cash lasts, they are burning millions of $ and have almost no viewers because 95% of the cards are trash. Who cares if they are free, i dont want free trash.
                  Pilipino Butthurt Causation

Comment

I think its

Pretend being Champions

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      Exactly !

Isn't that a shameful statement to make, considering that it is true.
                      You aint lying my dude! Best believe if that MFer smiling, somebody's getn screwed over

Comment

Working...
                      X