No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Canelo, Ward Would Exploit GGG’s Weaknesses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
    I think you've missed the point mate . The fact that Smith had his guards up in peekaboo style prolly 90% of the fight should tell u something , huh ? Despite that Ward got through enough to break Smiths nose and get a stoppage . Please wake up !
    GGG beats Canelo similar to how he beat Lemieux which is by controlling range due to the size disparity and Canelo's poor footwork. Only difference would be he might actually be more aggressive versus a naturally smaller and likely less powerful Canelo than he was against Lemieux.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
      Very true, very true. But I have yet to hear anyone describe Smith as world class.

Lets go with your description of a systematic breakdown, but please don't confuse Smith with a world class fighter. On a world level he is C-level at best and that may be generous.
      While not a world class fighter , Smith did come into that fight at 190 , hoping to pull off a Salido . At that weight level , Ward was basically fighting a cruiser or heavyweight and still move his fat azz around that ring like he was a welterweight . My point being , Ward deserves more credit for that fight than most r willing to give

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
        GGG beats Canelo similar to how he beat Lemieux which is by controlling range due to the size disparity and Canelo's poor footwork. Only difference would be he might actually be more aggressive versus a naturally smaller and likely less powerful Canelo than he was against Lemieux.
        Disagree with this analysis. Canelo's footwork is not great, but it's better than Lemieux's , and Canelo is also not smaller than GGG. Canelo has been known to usually rehydrate heavier than Golovkin.

The styles are different too, Canelo is much more accurate than lemieux and likes to counter punch. It's a different type of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Paul Smith was fat, unfit, and he isn't even the best SMW in his own family!

His younger brother, Callum, is undefeated, ranked higher than Paul at 168, and would have given that version of Ward a tough fight imo.

If that was as good as Ward can fight now, then he is no longer the best SMW in the world and would be destroyed by any of the top men at LHW.
          I think I remember Ward saying he wanted Callum in the ring with his brother , but Callum passed and told his brother he was on his own (Patti Labelle style)
          Last edited by SugarRaRobinson; 10-19-2015, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Currently Andre Ward is exploiting GGG's weaknesses by becoming a light heavyweight. Ward's next move to exploit GGG's weaknesses will be to move to cruiserweight. Andre hopes that he'll never have to exploit GGG's weaknesses by moving to heavyweight, but he will do so if necessary. Anything to exploit GGG's weaknesses is okay with Andre Ward.

Comment

30+ fights and Lemieux was his first real test. That speaks volumes alone.

And for those who say that Ward hasn't faced a puncher like Golovkin...well, he fought a much bigger puncher in Abraham and fought him toe to toe and came out of that fight without trouble. Remember that? Off course you don't.
              Last edited by Main Source; 10-19-2015, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
                You must had been on angel dust and wearing blind aviators watching that Ward fight. Ward showed he still has amazing skills and genius technical strategy. GGG has NO shot, NONE at all.
                I can't stop laughing at this one

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
                  30+ fights and Lemieux was his first real test. That speaks volumes alone.

And for those who say that Ward hasn't faced a puncher like Golovkin...well, he fought a much bigger puncher in Abraham and fought him toe to toe and came out of that fight without trouble. Remember that? Off course you don't.
                  Abe is not much of a puncher at SMW, nor very good all around. He was also coming off 2 horrific schoolings. That's no prep for Ggg

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
                    No... Canelo is a skilled counterpuncher, so GGG won't beat him in a manner similar to Lemieux. He'll take a different approach re: Canelo and vice versa. GGG won't be relying on the jab nearly as much. He will be more aggressive but I believe that's a stylistic approach more so than lacking respect for Canelo.

Canelo-GGG will be more of a slug fest than the one sided beating we just witnessed. GGG is a natural counterpuncher himself, so I wonder if he will revert to old habits if he gets into trouble.

Comment

People... Ward isn't ducking Gennady by moving up to 175 to fight KOVALEV for God's sake.

Comment

Working...
                      X