Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Rejects Idea of Catch-Weight For Cotto, Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep dreaming ggg you are not the A side you don't run **** if you want the big money fight you better understand cotto is the boss

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
      I'm sorry you can't figure out the difference between fighting Froch in the UK and Chavez Jr, and fighting Ward

The Froch fight would be a huge risk to GGG. That's a genuine 50/50 fight.

You'll figure it out eventually, as i'm sure if Canelo beats Cotto, you'd excuse Canelo defending against someone else other than GGG
      If Canelo is supposed to be destroyed by GGG, then so be it, I don't defend anyone because I'm a boxing fan not a man's fan. The fact I got Canelo on my avatar and Floyd in my signature is because I really adimire those fighters and their balls attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
        Bow now dude take back all you have wickedly said about GGG because when he fights your favorite fighter GGG will destroy him
        My favorite fighter is Floyd, and he would've outboxed GGG, greatest of our era.

How you felt when Pac-Man was taken to school by Floyd?

Comment

• Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
          keep dreaming ggg you are not the A side you don't run **** if you want the big money fight you better understand cotto is the boss
          I think he is well aware of that actually. He is also well aware that he is mandatory and is entitled to a predetermined share of the purse and a weightlimit of 160. The question is if Cotto is aware of that? Will he prefer to run away from his mando by vacating or will he honor his obligations?

Is he a champ or a wimp?

Comment

• He'll do a catch weight for Floyd though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
              He'll do a catch weight for Floyd though.
              154 isn'r a catch weight, Golovkin was willing to go down a weight division to fight Floyd. If he's fighting a middleweight unification fight, it's at the middleweight limit. What's so hard to understand? All this catchweight bollocks is pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
                He'll do a catch weight for Floyd though.
                So what Andre Ward...

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  I think he is well aware of that actually. He is also well aware that he is mandatory and is entitled to a predetermined share of the purse and a weightlimit of 160. The question is if Cotto is aware of that? Will he prefer to run away from his mando by vacating or will he honor his obligations?

Is he a champ or a wimp?
                  There's no predetermined purse, unless it goes to a purse bid, which it won't. GGG and his team will lose in negotiations, as a matter of fact they will get raped. And all the bravado you hear from them now will change to whining. What this comes down too, is whether or not GGG wants the big paycheck, and the name, if so, he will concede. Also you say will Cotto be a champ or wimp. You consider Cotto fighting GGG at 157, being a wimp move? Really? Was De La Hoya a wimp when he fought Hopkins at 157? Was Hopkins stupid for agreeing to the catch weight, even though De La Hoya had a Middleweight title?

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Cotto weighed 155 when he won the WBC MW title from Martinez, 153 when he defended it against Geale.

For both those fights, the official weight limit, as recognised by the WBC, was 160lbs.
                    Nope, the Martinez fight was at 159 and the Geale fight was at 157.

Yesterday, you said that 153 was middleweight.

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    The weight LIMIT is what defines the weight division, not the weigh in weights of either fighter.

If you fight for a MW title at 153, you are fighting as a MW. If you hold MW titles, you are a MW, unless you weigh in over 160 for a defence.

If you fight for a MW title you are fighting as a MW, even if you weigh in below 154.

So Cotto was fighting as a MW when he defended his WBC and lineal MW titles against Geale, even though he weighed in at 153 for that fight.
                    No, that is simply untrue.

When Cotto fought for the middleweight title weighing 153lbs, he fought as a JMW who was punching above his weight.

But you can call him whatever you like, it wont change his demands now.

Cotto may have listened to you way back before Pacquiao fcuked him over

I always told you guys that manny-weight was a nasty precedent.

Comment

• Originally posted by truefan View Post
                      Cotto will vacate and fight at 154 if he wins which Golovkin would not want. He will then be forced to fight a new mandatory and that person will not be a good fighter. For GGG's sake, he better hope Canelo wins because Canelo is the only person that probably would fight him at 160. After this weekend, Canelo may even change his mind. Golovkin's best bet is to keep fighting the paper champions until he moves up to 168.
                      I'm not so sure about that.

I dont think the WBC will enforce the mandatory if Canelo wins.

Their terminology was that the winner would " risk " being stripped.

Consistency has never been their strong point, we will see.

GGGs only chance to get his hands on that title could rely on Cotto beating Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X