Collapse
No announcement yet.

GBP fighters keep losing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar annoys me 90% of the time, but I can't fault him for the losses his fighters have incurred. He's put them in the ring with stiff opposition as opposed to taking the easy route of fighting can after can.

Comment

You are wrong about Canelo. He will knock Cotto into retirement. Lemieux wasn't as good as Oscar said he was. Oscar often makes a complete fool of himself by vastly overrating boxers he promotes. He was so certain Lemieux would shock the world and KO GGG. Lemieux never won a single round and was easily destroyed. Canelo always has been a good fighter and he is only 25 years old. He is a solid 3 to 1 betting favorite over the excellent Cotto because the pro odds makers and people who put their money where their mouth is think Canelo is much better than Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        Cinci Champ

never underestimate saul's paid off judge/s

He got a draw card for being totally ineffective against a cash cow of Floyd's stature ffs

Also got some gift card/s against Trout and Erislandy
        lol this is true i mean that pretty much goes for gbp top rank and pbc though thats nothing new

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          You are wrong about Canelo. He will knock Cotto into retirement. Lemieux wasn't as good as Oscar said he was. Oscar often makes a complete fool of himself by vastly overrating boxers he promotes. He was so certain Lemieux would shock the world and KO GGG. Lemieux never won a single round and was easily destroyed. Canelo always has been a good fighter and he is only 25 years old. He is a solid 3 to 1 betting favorite over the excellent Cotto because the pro odds makers and people who put their money where their mouth is think Canelo is much better than Cotto.
          lemieux is a journey man with power its what he is. he literally has power thats it it will work against some fighters but he will never beat a b plus or A level fighter. GGG beat him into journey man status they did a good job promoting the fight making it seem like a better matchup then it was but the reality is he had literally no chance. if they fought 10 times i dont think he wins one round

Comment

Cotto better stop Canelo or he may get robbed....

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Cotto better stop Canelo or he may get robbed....
              I don't think it will end like that. Guys like Lara and Floyd are the type of style that offers a challenge to Canelo. Cotto has a jab but he is right there in front of you and he has the shorter arms, is the shorter guy and is open to uppercuts, one of Canelo's best punches.

This will be a close fight at times but Canelo is going to bust Cotto's face up and hurt him. That diva has talked some massive trash about Canelo and now it's going to be time to pay the piper.

Comment

Comment

Props to them for putting their fighters in real tests. It's good for the fans.

Canelo is their real cash cow, and he's got possibly 2 giant fights coming up against Cotto and GGG. He/GBP can come back though if he loses, like with the Mayweather situation. And if he wins...the stock will rocket.

He's young, talented and has a big fan base. He's good for the foreseeable future i would of thought.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Boy_Promotions

They still have some decent names. Sadam Ali is probably their next cash crow assuming he doesn't suffer any big losses.

Diego De La Hoya will be a cash cow for even a little bit assuming he is any decent. Just look at how fans acted towards JCC jr., they all watched and were hoping he was something like his father.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Alvarez is the cash cow. They're only in trouble if he loses a lopsided fight to Cotto.
                      Enter CJ Ross

Comment

Working...
                      X