No announcement yet.

WBC President: "Miguel Cotto Told Me That He Is Facing Golovkin"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Yea neither side should wanna eff with a purse bid situation. For the amount of money on the line I think GGG & K2 will see the upside of giving in to Cotto's likely weight demands.

I think Cotto is one of the most attractive opponents for GGG at 160 regardless if Cotto beats Canelo so I suspect this fight will be on deck sometime next year unless Cotto retires & GGG & K2 will still find a catchweight ultimately an agreeable demand since there is so much money involved in a GGG vs Cotto fight on PPV either in early 2016 or later 2016.

I mean does anyone think GGG is losing if they fight at 157 lol? If GGG can make an extra $5M+ or so for fighting Cotto & giving up 3lbs instead of Tuneano Johnson or w/e his name is for $5M+ less you don't think GGG & K2 will see the upside in losing that 3lbs? I
    OF COURSE they will, or at least they should. I think they are taking the "no catchweight" public position right now though because why give up that negotiating point before talks have even begun?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      He's the lineal champ bro. Would be a great accomplishment for ggg.
      So now you are calling Golovkin a liar on top of everything else? OR are you trying to say that if GGG beats Ward he becomes the lineal champion no matter what? In that case, I guess Ward is the actual lineal champ at LHW as he beat Dawson.

And most important of all...

THE LINEAL TITLE IS A FANTASY AND DOES NOT REALLY EXIST. IT MEANS NO MORE THAN BEING NUMBER 1 P4P. THAT FANTASY TITLE AND A FEW DOLLARS WILL GET YOU A COFFEE AT STARBUCKS. OR JUST THE FEW DOLLARS ALONE BECAUSE BOTH THE LINEAL TITLE AND P4P RANKING MEAN NOTHING AT ALL WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        OF COURSE they will, or at least they should. I think they are taking the "no catchweight" public position right now though because why give up that negotiating point before talks have even begun?
        Yea I agree. When you are still at the point of "negotiating" in public taking a hard line approach with what you are down for in the future is probably the best course of action. Better to figure things out for real in private when a fight is actually on the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          only thing of that is that Cotto holds the 160 lbs title so ggg SHOULD be allowed to come in weighing 160 lbs if he so chooses.
          Don't mean to be technical (irritating) but I'm an attorney so I can't help it. Cotto actually holds the middleweight title not the 16o title. 160 just happens to be the upper limit of the middleweight division.

A fight at any weight between 155-160 is middleweight from a technical standpoint. So an agreement between the fighters at weight within range is technically ok and a middleweight fight.

Comment

• Sad thing is catch weights pop up before or after I will fight him

Comment

• Cotto is never gonna fight GGG unless he gets 20+ million

Comment

• Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
                Don't mean to be technical (irritating) but I'm an attorney so I can't help it. Cotto actually holds the middleweight title not the 16o title. 160 just happens to be the upper limit of the middleweight division.

A fight at any weight between 155-160 is middleweight from a technical standpoint. So an agreement between the fighters at weight within range is technically ok and a middleweight fight.
                Exactly.

The sadistic haters just want to see the naturally bigger man, have ALL the advantages over a smaller Cotto.

Comment

• Cotto is known for fighting the fighters people avoid, why is this a shock? You GGG dlck riders and Cotto haters will look like fools soon enough.

Comment

• Golovkin would ****ing murder cotto. It would be a mismatch. Cotto is too damn small to **** with GGG. At 5'6 cotto wold get butchered by GGG's jabs alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      Would be awesome. Don't think he's getting by Canelo though.
                      same here bro, I got Canelo winning that fight

Comment

Working...
                      X