Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does advanced technology give boxers an advantage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does advanced technology give boxers an advantage?

Diet & excercise such as roadwork, jump rope, bag work, sparring etc. will always be fundamental training in boxing, but nowadays (in modern countries) you have guys on scientific diets, with strength and conditioning coaches, sitting in hyperbaric chambers recovering in freeze chambers. Do you think that these forms of advanced technologies are fair? And do you think it makes fighters superior to past generations & not so modern countries???

IDK to be honest. The other day one of the guys at my gym gave me some of the steroids he uses (I have never used them before, I dont work out too much). And I took the steroids before a pickup game at the park, and to be honest I didnt feel much different. My stamina felt better but it wasnt a huge difference, and I injected a big dose as well. I was expecting to be running up and down the court like an NBA player lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
      IDK to be honest. The other day one of the guys at my gym gave me some of the steroids he uses (I have never used them before, I dont work out too much). And I took the steroids before a pickup game at the park, and to be honest I didnt feel much different. My stamina felt better but it wasnt a huge difference, and I injected a big dose as well. I was expecting to be running up and down the court like an NBA player lol.
      lol, hgh and epo is the trick. Steroids are 1990s/early 2000s. lol

Comment

I believe steroids needs days/week to make an impact in your body and start building muscle and recovering your body tissues faster.

What do you think steroids are for?

Comment

As long as the PEDs improve so will the athletes,
          Maybe boxers are smarter with their diets and training programs but there is no evidence to suggest that boxers today trained any harder than boxers before.

Comment

CLARIFICATION: I took EPO (just asked). I don't know much about steroids or PEDs and the differences between them. I will take them again this week and let them cycle thru my body and test it out on the basketball court again.

Comment

On one hand the advancement of training , nutrition and supplements(steroids ) will make a boxer faster , stronger more explosive then previous generations

but at the same time a key ingredient in boxing is heart and will to win and I don't think any modern medicine or training techniques can improve that especially since as a whole people and society are becoming more & more b.itch made ******.s

That's why I think in most sports current athletes would probably beat their previous counter parts but in boxing I can see the previous greats competing in any era

Comment

CLARIFICATION: I took EPO (just asked). I don't know much about steroids or PEDs and the differences between them. I will take them again this week and let them cycle thru my body and test it out on the basketball court again.
                Self medicating with ANY kind of substance is beyond STUPID and if you drop dead or have your testicles shrink or something, don't come here looking for pity.

Jackass.

Comment

I'm picturing the south park episode where jimmy takes steroids when preparing for the special olympics

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                    On one hand the advancement of training , nutrition and supplements(steroids ) will make a boxer faster , stronger more explosive then previous generations

but at the same time a key ingredient in boxing is heart and will to win and I don't think any modern medicine or training techniques can improve that especially since as a whole people and society are becoming more & more b.itch made ******.s

That's why I think in most sports current athletes would probably beat their previous counter parts but in boxing I can see the previous greats competing in any era
                    I can totally agree with this, you cant teach heart and toughness. When it comes to boxing and any fighting sport really, personally I think you become better by doing it more. The more you fight, the better you get at it. Also The more you fight, the more you get used to it so you get used to all the emotions (heart) that come with it and I think older fighters had that mentality.

Comment

Working...
                    X