No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Lemieux Officially A Sold-Out Event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    Some of you GGGroupies think this is the 1st catchweight ever in the history of boxing.

That or be hypocritical & defend the catchweight vs Ward.
    Can Cotto (mw champ) at least one time actually fight at 160 and not at 159, 157 and 155? Slowly its becoming really embarassing. I mean the fight between two best middleweights with belts at catch weight is lame...

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      I will miss it and I definitely won't be pissing on myself because of it. Golovkin is not and never will be the face of boxing. He is just another well-protected wannabe just like a dozen other world champions.
      cosign maybe if they started around 5 YEARS ago trying to hype of golovkin but its too late in his career to speak about being the face of boxing he dont have enough Personality to carry that title.
      and as much as i like Andre Ward and rank him as p4p #1 he wont be the face of boxing bc historically speaking the black fighters who are the FACE of boxing are the braggidocious fighters and not the "good guy" fighters bc "america" has to have a villain in order to market and Andre Ward is not that so they cant and wont market him bc Ward is TOO serious and not marketable

Comment

[QUOTE=Progrssive_Jedi;16136063]First off, "doe" WTF is wrong with people. Damn it. Dough, you making a cake.

A doe is a baby dear. What kind of ignorance turned that into a lazy English version of though!

nobody in "america" speaks "english"
        ONLY about 15% of the words in the so-called "english" language is actually of "english" origin

Comment

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
          Can Cotto (mw champ) at least one time actually fight at 160 and not at 159, 157 and 155? Slowly its becoming really embarassing. I mean the fight between two best middleweights with belts at catch weight is lame...
          Technically Cotto DOES NOT have to come in at 160. His opponents, however, should be allowed to. That's my stance.

but again it's not the 1st time in boxing where a title was defended at a catchweight.

Comment

Working...
          X