No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas: Keith Thurman will be the next big star

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    It's actually fortunate for GGG. He will get to stand out in a pile of sh^t and look really good, just waiting on WW and JMW big names to move up.
    Wow, Hagler & Hopkins are offended.

Comment

ha - now ya'll know what to do for thur's biggest test.

Comment

Beating Porter WON'T launch Thurman into super-stardom. Maybe if he unifies against the OTHER man who beat him in Brook in a big fight @ Wembley, then yes, he's the next big thing.

Thurman should be like a 65-35 favorite IMO, but then again, Collazo was punking him at times, so Porter can actually outhustle Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          Giggi is not on canelos level he's not
          Canelo has sold out completely.
          Canelo vs Kirkland did numbers gi ggi can't even wish of accomplishing
          Fortunately he's Canelo mando, and he'll pick up a lot more fans there

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            He just said it on PBC on ESPN when asked. He first said Canelo and Roman Gonzalez but not being American and not speaking English will hurt Canelo, and Roman being a Flyweight and not speaking English will hurt him. He says Thurman is smart, he is a powerhouse, and he speaks very well. The Collins guy said Golovkin is the next big star.

What do you guys think, who is the next big star? Poll coming.
            English is super important for foreign fighters to speak. Marquez learned. If manny couldn't speak English his popularity would be much less. Luckily for PAC they learn English in schools.

Comment

I voted Canelo because he is already a big star and very young. If he KOs Cotto he will go through the roof. GGG will be very big but he is older and won't be around as long as Canelo. Ward is ugly to watch and will never be a big pfv star. Atlas is always wrong and he is wrong about Thurman. Thurman is good but not the best in my opinion. Even puny Collazo had him in trouble for a while. Thurman will never be a huge star. I don't believe any one boxer will be the "face of boxing". I think a number of good boxers will be big stars and share the glory. Gonzalez is perhaps the best fighter of them all but guys his size are never huge stars. I think Spence will be a star and Kovalev should also be a star.

Comment

A lot depends on whether guys like GGG and Canelo and others keep winning. A loss will hurt their popularity and drawing power.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  To early to tell who it will be honestly
                  this^^^^^^

Comment

I also think that HBO will stick Golovkin & Gonzalez together for the next year & a half maybe. Depending on who they fight.
                    Gonzalez might headline if he gets an Estrada, Inoue, or Ruenrong fight.
                    Speaking of Gonzalez, I HOPE he fight top ten guys in all 3 divisions around him for the rest of his career. Can't pull a Lomachenko fighting bottom 200 guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X