No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Gonzalez Explain Why Beterbiev Bout Was Rejected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
    Well that's Barrera's promoter fault, they should have mentioned him not being allowed to enter Canada from the beginning. Instead they wait a month after they began negotiations to say something. Before the Barrera negotiations began, Beterbiev was already looking for over a month for someone to fight in the eliminator. How much longer was he supposed to wait?
    Plus some people think Artur can't headling in Canada yet, so what makes others think he could headline in the USA?
    Maybe if they mentioned it earlier they could have found another card to place the fight in. At this point Beterbiev is running of time to find an opponent for the end of the year, he was supposed to fight two more times but none of the previous fights came to fruition and they weren't about to waste more time on Barrera. Especially since his promoter managed to stall negotiations for a month, that's a month wasted.

I hope that fight does happen in the future though. I want to see Artur whoop him for wasting his time. I want to see him punish Barrera round after round. I hope Artur wears Reyes, Grants or MX Everlast to make Barrera feel the force of his punches even more.
    Not gonna lie, this paragraph had me rollin. I hope the fight happens next as well, I don't really have a horse in the race, I just want to see these guys fight each other.

Comment

LoL at Haymon short changing Gonzalez so they can avoid a challenge

Comment

What's up with these entitled ass Cuban fighters making ****** demands I love Lara and Rigo but **** and this guy is even worse because he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Not gonna lie, this paragraph had me rollin. I hope the fight happens next as well, I don't really have a horse in the race, I just want to see these guys fight each other.
          Haha I was just talking ****. I know Barrera would be a good challenge and I do feel bad that he didn't get a chance, but it wasn't Artur's fault.
          I do hope it happens sometime in the future.

Comment

So a guy who, the only time I have only heard of was when he was got beaten by Pascal is whining about not getting enough money for a fight where he can prove himself. Sounds like someone has got a case of the quacks.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
              So a guy who, the only time I have only heard of was when he was got beaten by Pascal is whining about not getting enough money for a fight where he can prove himself. Sounds like someone has got a case of the quacks.
              I think it's pretty clear that Gonzo won vs Pascal but got robbed . I won't consider anything to the contrary , he gets the popular vote .

Comment

Wonder what the numbers were between HBO & the Beterbiev offer. Typically PBC is overpaying...or thats the usual consensus anyway. Can't expect THAT much money when you lost imo (bad decision or not), but still be curious on the exact figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  If boxing was a real sport kovolev and stevenson would be fighting and barrera and Gonzalez would be duking it out for #1 contender, with beterbiev being the next in line after them...
                  But boxing really isn't a sport, so none of that matters
                  Thats kinda legit. Boxing is too focused on asses in seats vs the competition & competitive nature of sports like most other sports tend to steer towards. If boxing was a sport first & a business second instead of vice versa you'd expect guys like Rigo & GGG to have fought much better competition by now. Instead cuz their value hasn't historical (this is changing for GGG right now) been seen as comparable to the risk for other fighters their resumes are lacking for what most see them capable of achieving.

Comment

Gonzalez was robbed against Pascal.

Has anyone here seen the figure they were offered?

Didn't think so.

For all anyone knows he was offered peanuts.

Comment

Sorry buddy but Gonzalez is still a nobody and you control nothing besides a whole bunch of ways to ruin what good faith those few boxing fans who give a **** about Gonzalez might have.

Comment

Working...
                      X