Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Mayweather lost weight between the weigh in an the fight night in Canelo fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
    Pacquiao weighed less versus Marquez, than he did versus Margarito. But fight night weights exact same, even though fights were years apart. Hell, even versus Hatton, Pacquiao was recorded at 148 fight night. All of that a conspiracy too right?

What you fail to see once again, is that Pacquiao made the WW limit for the three fights. Whether they were at WW limit or SW, he made less than 147 lbs in the weigh in. So it's not crazy that he had the same weight on fight night.

BUT, Mayweather did not make the WW limit in the Canelo's fight. He made 150.5 which is almost 4 lbs above the WW limit. Can you understand that difference? and why it's not the same case? that thing in your head, brain, use it.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      are you going out of your way to avoid that they looked markedly different in the ring or are you just that ****in ****** and think posting a pic of them at a game is the same thing?? Carry on ****rider.

How about this? Dwarfs?

Comment

I think Floyd looked significantly smaller than both Ortiz and Canelo on fight night, just by the eye test they were at least 10 lbs heavier, I never noticed much difference between Floyd's physique at the weigh in and on fight night, Ortiz and Canelo's physique and face however changed a lot over night

Maidana's frame wasn't bigger than Floyd's but he had a lot of weight on his lower body, that's why even though he was heavier, he didn't look much bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          What you fail to see once again, is that Pacquiao made the WW limit for the three fights. Whether they were at WW limit or SW, he made less than 147 lbs in the weigh in. So it's not crazy that he had the same weight on fight night.

BUT, Mayweather did not make the WW limit in the Canelo's fight. He made 150.5 which is almost 4 lbs above the WW limit. Can you understand that difference? and why it's not the same case? that thing in your head, brain, use it.
          Actually, no. Pacquiao came UNDER the WW limit of 147 with Marquez and Margarito (which was at a CW for the SW belt) for the weigh-ins. It was SW fight. Mayweather came under the SW limit of 154 lbs for all SW fights.

Comment

You do realize that even for his 30-day weigh-ins, he's usually around 148 to 150 lbs. And he has never made 154 lbs for the 154 lbs fights for the weigh-ins.

and he is dehydrated @146lbs right?

he came from a two year vacation from boxing then fought marquez weighing @146 he was not dehydrated then. funny is it not?

Comment

Actually, no. Pacquiao came UNDER the WW limit of 147 with Marquez and Margarito (which was at a CW for the SW belt) for the weigh-ins. It was SW fight. Mayweather came under the SW limit of 154 lbs for all SW fights.
              ???
              Are you kidding me? do you read what I write?

The strange fact I was pointing was: Mayweather supposedly weighting the same in fight night for a WW fight and a SW fight.
              You answered that the same happened with Pacquiao.
              I responded that they are not the same case, because in Pacquiao's case, even though he had a SW fight with Margarito, he still made below the WW limit for that fight, so him weighting the same than in a WW fight was no strange.
              However, Mayweather case was different because he had weighed in in the SW division in the weight in in his SW fight against Canelo.

There's no way I'm going to believe that he was weighing 150lb in fight night in the Canelo fight.
              Last edited by _Maxi; 10-11-2015, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                and he is dehydrated @146lbs right?

he came from a two year vacation from boxing then fought marquez weighing @146 he was not dehydrated then. funny is it not?
                How do you know he wasn't dehydrated for his fight versus Marquez? Doesn't NSAC allow IV rehydration? Don't most fighter rehydrate via IV? Is it funny that this is reality? Can anyone be dehydrated at any weight?

-- Rath

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  ???
                  Are you kidding me? do you read what I write?

The strange fact I was pointing was: Mayweather supposedly weighting the same in fight night for a WW fight and a SW fight.
                  You answered that the same happened with Pacquiao.
                  I responded that they are not the same case, because in Pacquiao's case, even though he had a SW fight with Margarito, he still made below the WW limit for that fight, so him weighting the same than in a WW fight was no strange.
                  However, Mayweather case was different because he had weighed in in the SW division in the weight in in his SW fight against Canelo.
                  No, I said that Pacquaio consistently weighed the same, very similar to Mayweather. Very similar weight patterns in recent years especially. In Mayweather's case it's not different at SW because he came in UNDER the SW limit. He never made the limit. Just like Pacquiao didn't make the WW limit or the SW limit but fought for a title there.

Comment

1. Over-training / dehydration.
                    2. Because he didn't hop on the scale again. Doesn't mean anything. Fight night weights aren't always shown for fights.
                    Floyd said he trained and work harder in Berto fight than he did in Pac's fight.

why was he not dehydrated @146 against Berto but dehydrated @146 against Pac?

Comment

No, I said that Pacquaio consistently weighed the same, very similar to Mayweather. Very similar weight patterns in recent years especially. In Mayweather's case it's not different at SW because he came in UNDER the SW limit. He never made the limit. Just like Pacquiao didn't make the WW limit or the SW limit but fought for a title there.
                      Again you are twisting the reality in your direction.

Let's recap.

Pacquiao SW fight against Margarito:
                      Weigh in: less than 147 lb/WW limit.

Mayweather SW fight against Alvarez:
                      Weigh in: less than 152 lb/SW limit. MORE THAN 147 lb/WW limit.

GET IT??????????

Comment

Working...
                      X