Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roc Nation: GGG's Team Turned Down Ward in 36 Minutes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to know the terms they sent GGG's team. But without question, GGG calls the shots

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      What's this garbage? Of course casuals would be excited about it, even some insiders. But hardly anyone took it serious here on NSB, cause everyone understood that Floyd is just a paper champ at SWW despite all world credentials
      you're still not answering the question lol, does headlines and articles generate popularity or ratings and ppv numbers? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Mosley-Mayorga II was on PPV a couple weeks ago. They stars too I guess. I think that one was at like 166. Guess PPV Mosley on Superstar G's radar now too.
        That was no HBO ppv, dumba$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reigning Champ View Post
          Roc Nation shut down GGG's whole operation
          They must have taken out a knockoff company or something because GGG is headlining a PPV next weekend while Ward is still begging HBO for an undercard spot. He should just change his moniker to "Mr. Tuneup"

Comment

• Originally posted by ryedes View Post
            you're still not answering the question lol, does headlines and articles generate popularity or ratings and ppv numbers? lol
            No but they're closely related duh. You have a point to make?

Comment

So why is everyone getting worked up over a fight everybody knows is uncompetitive? Lame of p4p king lol to fixate on such a one sided fight vs smaller unproven b1tch. Let's hope his shoulder survives the tuneups he needs to face a guy 3lbs heavier
              Don't even play me like that bro. I'm a bigger GGG fan than you. Ive spent money to see him perform in person. I have the authority to criticize him because my money is at stake. I'm part of the reason for his rise in stardom.

I want GGG vs Ward as a boxing fan. Msy the best fighter wun.

Comment

No but they're closely related duh. You have a point to make?
                we're making progress and sadly they aren't related, mayweather berto generated 91k search engine headlines with only 300k ppv and less than 50mill revenue, mayweather canelo generated 38k in search engine headlines, you can say around 32k since its been a while, and generated 2.25 million ppv and around 180 million in revenue.....theyre not closely related, talking about the fight gets people interested in the matchup, the numbers in terms of ratings and $$ determines the popularity of the matchup to the consumer...... thats why i used the search engine stats to show how many ppl were serious about the fight NOT the popularity of the fight, if i wanted to show a fighters popularity id stick what money he can generate, this is why ppl consider ggg vs the canelo/cotto winner bigger than the ggg vs ward fight, because of the $$ to be made.

Comment

That was no HBO ppv, dumba$$.
                  Oh OK. Now it has to be HBO PPV. I didn't realize there was a difference. I mean, SHO PPV has been responsible for all the big time PPV events here recently. Although they did let HBO piggyback on that lil'n this past May. Guess Lil G still in the minors.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                    Don't even play me like that bro. I'm a bigger GGG fan than you. Ive spent money to see him perform in person. I have the authority to criticize him because my money is at stake. I'm part of the reason for his rise in stardom.

I want GGG vs Ward as a boxing fan. Msy the best fighter wun.
                    Why though? You don't think it's a competitive fight, you just said so. Most of the guys clamoring for it feel the same way, so you gotta wonder why they want it so bad. Must not be boxing fans, those prefer fights they deem competitive

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                      Based off what Loeffler said last week, I got the impression that Ward's team was trying to dictate the terms and offered them a 50/50 split which was non-negotiable. You could understand why GGG's team would reject the supposed offer with a PPV coming up the gap between the two fighters could widen depending on the success of that PPV and they didn't want to be stuck with a 50/50 split when they were the A-side in the promotion.

But... Yormack is saying that they didn't even get a chance to negotiate a split or the venue or anything because Loeffler denied the offer as soon as he got it. Yarmack implied that he just sent them an offer to start the dialogue and that it wasn't a final take-it-or-leave-it type of offer.

It doesn't look good on Loeffler to be honest.
                      When has Ward or his team ever compromised? Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                      X