• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
    We have a winner

Runner up
    Mama said knock you out
    Damn, that truly is a classic how could I have forgotten that one?

Another runner up is "The Champ " by Ghostface Killah peep it brother.

Comment

Momma said knock you out!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Comment

The Arcs-Stay in my corner

Dan was inspired to write a song about boxing from the Mayweather-Pacquaio buildup. He's also a big fan of boxing.

Comment

Enough of this garbage rap crap.

Last edited by Barcham; 10-10-2015, 02:44 PM.

Comment

great responses everyone!
                im liking stay in my corner!

Comment

Kozelek is fascinated with the sport of boxing, which was the inspiration for the Sun Kil Moon moniker as well as several of their songs including the song Duk Koo Kim. According to Kozelek: "Their backgrounds are extremely harsh and they work very hard to move up in their careers. I was in attendance at the Manny Pacquiao-Agapito Sanchez fight in San Francisco in 2001. When I heard Sanchez was murdered shortly after, (actually, it was four years later) it had a profound effect on me. It hurts when anyone dies young, but when you see the backgrounds of these guys and the path they've taken to try to find some light in their lives, it hurts to see them die young." Duk Koo Kim was a Korean boxer who died after a nationally televised bout with Ray Mancini on November 13, 1982. Mancini is from Youngstown, Ohio, which is very close to Kozelek's hometown of Massillon. The triumph of the local hero soon turned into a tragedy that included the suicide death of both Kim's mother and the bout's referee, Richard Green.

The name Sun Kil Moon was inspired by that of boxer Moon Sung-Kil. One of the band's songs, Pancho Villa, is named after the famous Filipino boxer of the same name, and it mentions Salvador Sanchez and Benny Paret.

Comment

Can't think off the top of my head, but RA Rugged man makes a few boxing related lyrics , also vinnie Paz

Comment

Working...
                    X