No announcement yet.

How many tune ups did these guys have

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG fights at 160. Ward fights at 175

They cant fight cause they are in different divisions.
    Ward fans be like ***** fans. Diversion like a smh.

Idiot fans know that cotto/canelo is like a month away almost and ward has no opponent. But he is top 10 at 175.
    Lmfao.

Someone call rod salsa

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      3* years layoff.

How old and past prime was Hagler?

Anyway, so GGG has no surgery or anything like that, no layoff, so why won't he move up to 168 and fight the best already?

Hey if Leonard can do it, Ward can do it, and Golovkin can do it as well, right? It is what you are saying. That if Leonard can do it, come back and fight in a higher weight class against the best...Ward can do it, and so can an active/healthy GGG? Yeah?
      The best? Didn't know a part time boxer can be the best.

Still GGG fighting top contenders in his weight class.

Ward fighting tuneups.

I don't care where Ward or GGG fight their top fights as long as they fight them. Ward can stay at 168 and fight Degale, Dirrel or any of those guys but he needs to stop with this tune up nonsense.

But only real boxing fans would agree with that.

Comment

3* years layoff.

How old and past prime was Hagler?
        Not that old at all and not that past prime.

It's not like Ward is coming out of retirement from an injury. Dude just fought a couple months ago and his injury healed a long time ago

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          So GGG moving up to 168lb shouldn't be a problem.
          Why would he move to 168 right now? The money is the winner of cotto vs canelo...if they will fight him. The guy hasn't even cleaned out his division yet. These people beating the drum for him to move to 168 would be saying he didn't fight cotto, canelo, quillan etc. if he did. Let the man do what he's been trying to do. He's finally enough of a draw to make those fights.

Comment

/thread.....

Comment

He never was asking for a tune-up at 168 cause he's not gonna campaign there until he cleans out MW. But for a big fight vs legit A sider like Wards best win Froch, no tune-up needed

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                Why would he move to 168 right now? The money is the winner of cotto vs canelo...if they will fight him. The guy hasn't even cleaned out his division yet. These people beating the drum for him to move to 168 would be saying he didn't fight cotto, canelo, quillan etc. if he did. Let the man do what he's been trying to do. He's finally enough of a draw to make those fights.
                We don't care if he doesn't fight Cotto, Canelo, Quillin, Jacobs, Lee, Saunders. Really, we don't. He can move up, we will not complain about him moving up to a superior weight class. The one's who care about those fights are GGG fans, not GGG critics, that's where the signals are getting crossed. I read itirations of this all the time: "GGG haters say GGG hasn't fought anyone but that's because the top MW's are ducking"......no, that is not true, we do not care about the top MW's. The same top MW's can be beaten by Cotto, a small/short JMW, that's bad. I think Cotto can beat Lemieux, Lee, Quillin, these guys are very average. If GGG beats the Cotto/Canelo winner in 2016, followed by the Lee/Saunders winner, and then meets either Quillin or Jacobs in the end of 2016 or begining of 2017, none of that would matter to his critics. Cleaning out a weak division is not what we are looking forward to.

I like Fortuna, but do you think I would care if he cleans out his weak division? Uchiyama, Salido/Martinez winner and that's it. I rather Fortuna beat him and then move up to a better division, even skip 135 cause that one is not much better either.

On the otherhand, I am a Crawford fan, but he's good at 140 because that is a pretty stacked division right now with Postol at the top and then guys like Herrera, Matthysse, Broner at the bottom. I like seeing good fighters in good divisions, that's all. GGG is good, but I rather see him in a good division. MW is very average. Small Cotto came up and knocked out two top 10 guys fairly easily, that is pathetic, a former junior welterweight mandhandling top 10 MW's. Of course GGG is going to look even more monstrous against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                  Jmm when he moved to 147

Leonard when he moved up to 160

Roy when he moved up to 168

Pac when he moved up to 147

Roy when he moved ro heavyweight

Floyd when he moved up to 154

Just saying
                  Most of those guys took career high paydays or where vs some subpar competition... But I get your point

Comment

How many of them were coming off shoulder injuries and a 2 year layoff?

Anyway dude you have 3 threads today talking about tune ups. I think you should make another topic thread as a tune up before your next tune up thread.

Also, we do not know who these tune ups will be, they could be called tune ups for a fighter like Ward, but they'll likely be 1-2 average guys at LHW(Lemieux/Stevens type of opponents), nd then a top 10 guy and Kovalev. Which would be fine, as long at the end of the road we are promised Ward vs Kovalev.
                    have you paid attention to ward the last 4 years? he has tried to fight truax, sartison, periban, paul smith, and zac dunn. why would he suddenly want to fight good opponents? you can't tell he's just cherry picking easy fighters to make that 2 million guarantee?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                      Leonard was coming off eye surgery and 5 years lay off. Still fought Hagler on his first fight back.

No reason for Ward to have 4 tune up fights just to fight Kovalev.
                      8 million reasons. you think this guy cares about boxing legacy or crap like that? he's had everything setup in his favor his entire career just to get to this point. he's not about to go throw it away and take risky fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X