No announcement yet.

Why Hasn't Mexico Challenge The US To An Outright Rivalry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    Look up all the Mexican champions, then look up all the U.S. Champions of Mexican descent. Add the two together, and you will see, Mexicans have produced more champions. Add all the non Mexicans togeter, I guess they won't come close.

Prove me wrong.
    Using that reasoning Spain is the greatest boxing nation on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
      Weight classes. Most elite Mexican fighters come from 140 and below, most elite American fighters are the opposite.
      this. in America, the marquee weight classes are heavyweight, middleweight, welterweight. not many world class Mexicans above welter

Comment

U aint heard or been on NSB long? Its cuz Messicans aint got no skillz & fight in phone boofs.

Comment

Mexico would get curb stomped.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
            You need engaged fans for a real rivalry. You have the typical US fan who hardly follows the sport outside of a few big names as opposed to Mexican fight fans whose passion can possibly only be rivaled by the English.
            this right here, us fans can hardly create a rivalry with any country, outside of boxing hardcore fans, it is just not in them...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              Using that reasoning Spain is the greatest boxing nation on the planet.

Well put, Spain or England!
              But....

Do a google search and see that the greatest number of champions come from oppressed people.

Additionally, I will add that not all the peoples colonized by the Spanish created as many champions as Mexico.

Warriors.

Great post, thanks!
              Last edited by Zaroku; 10-07-2015, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I ask a trainer from Mexico why don't they have many boxers in higher weight classes he told because the bigger guys go to Lucha Libre wrestling where that sport is more popular in Mexico more money and they get the chicks that was his words not mine

Comment

cuz most US boxing fans ARE Mexican and a lot of Mexican boxers have American citizenship... the rivalry would be blurry as hell

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                    this. in America, the marquee weight classes are heavyweight, middleweight, welterweight. not many world class Mexicans above welter
                    This hasn't been a marquee weight class in the US for over 15 years now, not since the fall of Tyson in the mid 90s.

And what does the OP mean about challenging americans to an all out rivalry? lol Does he want Fat Erik Morales coming out on ESPN and challenging American fighters...I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      Both places love boxing also in this instance. Mexico is down to get into it with any other Latin American nation (PR, Cuba, Argentina, etc)
                      It's because Mexico's best fighters historically fight at 135 and lower and the US best fighters historically fight at 140 and above. So the majority of the time when a fight takes place at 135 and lower the Mexican wins and also when the fight takes place at 140 and higher the American wins. So the rivalry just isn't there. If there best fighters were always in the same weight then a rivalry would be there but it's not so there is no rivalry.

Comment

Working...
                      X