No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abraham vs. Murray Confirmed For 11/21 In Hannover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abraham vs. Murray Confirmed For 11/21 In Hannover

It was hardly a secret by the time it was revealed, but plenty of intrigue surrounds the November 21 clash between defending super middleweight champ Arthur Abraham and Martin Murray.

The title fight – which takes place at TUI Arena in Hannover, Germany - was formally announced on Wednesday, confirming rumors of such a fight which BoxingScene reported earlier in the week.

Naturally, both fighters anticipate a tough battle but one in which they will prevail.

“Martin is a very strong opponent. He has challenged for World titles three times before and on two of those occasions he should have won,” notes Abraham (43-4, 29KOs), who attempts the fifth defense of his second super middleweight title reign. “He is a very deserving challenger and I think it will be a good fight. That is what the public want to see – the best fighting the best – and that is what they will see on November 21 in Hannover.”

His opponent is actually surprised to receive the opportunity, not because he doesn’t deserve but that Abraham could take any fight he wants at this stage of his career.

“I am thrilled to have the chance to face Arthur for the WBO World Super Middleweight title,” said Murray. “I was shocked when Arthur agreed to the fight. It’s one he didn't have to take so he must be confident – but I’m at my natural weight now… on November 21, I will become world champion.” [Click Here To Read More]

Im glad.

B hop didnt deserve an abc title shot after getting white washed by kovalev.

Comment

Is Murray the unluckiest fighter in boxing? The only other guy who springs to mind is Mauricio Herrera.

Perhaps Murray's luck is turning, at least outside the ring, as there are surely more deserving title-chance contenders than Murray at SMW.

Then again, you could argue he has made his luck - how many other contenders are fighting 5 times in a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
        Im glad.

just playing devil's advocate but moving up and beating a couple of bum's doesnt exactly make murray very deserving either does it?

I like the look of murray at super mid and his size and work rate will be too much for abraham, he wins a UD/MD (albeit a robbery) Not to mention his power looks legit despite his KO percentage.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him make abraham quit late.

War murray

Comment

I think Murray can win this but they'll rob him. So hard to win in Germany. I feel they will do the same to Fury as well.

Comment

can´t wait for the fight to happen, and see how Abraham doesn't KO Murray.

Then GGG will become the "Monster of Destruction"...lol

Good fight, but I hoped a Degeale fight.

Comment

Degale v Murray would be very very interesting, i can't call it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                Im glad.

And the only thing Murray did different was move up in weight and fight low tier opponents

Comment

I give Murray a genuine chance 2 win especially if AA falls ehind early as he then get's very 1 dimensional...

Comment

does anyone know if this abraham hopkins talk has any traction? i know hopkins will fight one more fight hoping to go out on top but i just wonder how serious it is

Comment

Working...
                    X