No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: I Prayed To God, I Think I'm Ready To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
    But he didn't really come back from that KO, did he?
    • "Went the distance with a lightweight..." -- Floyd (Brandon Rios)
    • Went the distance with another lightweight (Chris Algieri)
    • Went the distance with Tim Bradley in the rematch
    • Used the Lord's name in vain multiple times ("God will deliver Floyd unto me" then "God told me a month before I would lose")
    • Made up every POSSIBLE excuse to hide his bad performance ("My shoulder" "my shot" "he wouldn't stand still" "I couldn't train" "The testing drained me" etc)

He then proceeded to delete his Twitter account and turn it over to fan club owners. Still has Instagram but I say, the man's ashamed of himself and how badly he got schooled by Floyd Mayweather after all that trash he talked.

I knew he wouldn't beat Floyd the moment I saw Tim Bradley take a SD from him. There was no corruption, Manny was the A-side. He picked the damn judges!

Then when Marquez told him to his face on First Take that Floyd would beat him and how, Marquez wasn't lying; he just didn't outright say "Manny, you suck getting inside when a fighter is effective at jabbing and keeping distance".

This isn't about how good Floyd is, but how limited Manny is. He fought the same way against Floyd that he fought against Cotto.
    Funny how you schit on Manny for not Koing guys when Floyd hasn't had a KO in years. LMAO...account created in May too, what, was this your backup alt account in case Floyd got his ass handed to him or something?

Comment

• God delivered Pacquiao into Mayweather's hands. Manny should have gotten the hint to retire right then and there.

Comment

But he didn't really come back from that KO, did he?
        • "Went the distance with a lightweight..." -- Floyd (Brandon Rios)
        • Went the distance with another lightweight (Chris Algieri)
        • Went the distance with Tim Bradley in the rematch
        • Used the Lord's name in vain multiple times ("God will deliver Floyd unto me" then "God told me a month before I would lose")
        • Made up every POSSIBLE excuse to hide his bad performance ("My shoulder" "my shot" "he wouldn't stand still" "I couldn't train" "The testing drained me" etc)

He then proceeded to delete his Twitter account and turn it over to fan club owners. Still has Instagram but I say, the man's ashamed of himself and how badly he got schooled by Floyd Mayweather after all that trash he talked.

I knew he wouldn't beat Floyd the moment I saw Tim Bradley take a SD from him. There was no corruption, Manny was the A-side. He picked the damn judges!

Then when Marquez told him to his face on First Take that Floyd would beat him and how, Marquez wasn't lying; he just didn't outright say "Manny, you suck getting inside when a fighter is effective at jabbing and keeping distance".

This isn't about how good Floyd is, but how limited Manny is. He fought the same way against Floyd that he fought against Cotto.
        He got back In the ring after being knocked unconscious for over two minutes. That Is a real warrior. Not many would ever think of getting back Into the ring after that. For you to make the above comments pretty much confirms that you have never had a boxing glove on and have never been hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmt View Post
          He got back In the ring after being knocked unconscious for over two minutes. That Is a real warrior. Not many would ever think of getting back Into the ring after that. For you to make the above comments pretty much confirms that you have never had a boxing glove on and have never been hit.
          I agree, and Pac had no problem fighting Marquez again.

He is a warrior no question.

Pac has avoided difficult fights, and has rarely fought the best in his division, but that comes down to Arum and the TR matchmakers.

I think that Pac would fight anyone given the chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmt View Post
            We're not talking about "will to get back in the ring". We're talking about whether the SAME fighter is back in the ring.

Hearns got stanky legged on three occasions, came back. Duran got taken off his feet by Hearns, he came back. Tyson got dropped by a nobody three times, he came back. Judah got stanky legged by Tszyu, came back.

After Hearns got dropped by Hagler, he wasn't the same fighter when he came back. He was stylistically better, precise, more accurate, guarded the chin.

When Duran fought Pazienza, he wasn't the same fighter. He was stylistically better, refined.

On the flip:
            Tyson didn't change. He got dropped by a nobody in McBride.
            Judah didn't change. He threw the Malignaggi fight and got schooled repeatedly.

Manny Pacquiao didn't change his style, just lowered his aggression, the result is subpar performance in every later fight. At least Hamed had the good sense to retire after one subpar performance. He knew he was done. Manny won't let go. Even Freddie Roach is thinking about dropping him.

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            I agree, and Pac had no problem fighting Marquez again.

He is a warrior no question.

Pac has avoided difficult fights, and has rarely fought the best in his division, but that comes down to Arum and the TR matchmakers.

I think that Pac would fight anyone given the chance.
            This is the problem with boxing. Too many people want fighters to just keep fighting and end up like Abdusalamov. No.

When a fighter is a shell of themselves they need to hang it up. Manny's WAY past the expiration date. I don't want to see more people end up talking like James Toney just to please fans that don't really care about their well being.

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Funny how you schit on Manny for not Koing guys when Floyd hasn't had a KO in years. LMAO...account created in May too, what, was this your backup alt account in case Floyd got his ass handed to him or something?
            Nope. First time posting. If folks knew my real identity, a simple Google search would yield the story. But I don't want bias.

Here's what you and others like Skip Bayless don't understand no matter how many times people try to explain it to you.

Floyd Mayweather's legacy was NEVER about knockouts.
            Manny Pacquiao's legacy was NEVER about points decisions.

Manny Pacquiao went 2008-2009 stopping larger guys. All of a sudden that stops, right around the time Floyd calls out for random blood and urine testing.

Manny being unable to stop Chris Algieri of all people after being able to stop Miguel Cotto? Come on man. Stop.
            Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 10-10-2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

We're not talking about "will to get back in the ring". We're talking about whether the SAME fighter is back in the ring.

Hearns got stanky legged on three occasions, came back. Duran got taken off his feet by Hearns, he came back. Tyson got dropped by a nobody three times, he came back. Judah got stanky legged by Tszyu, came back.

After Hearns got dropped by Hagler, he wasn't the same fighter when he came back. He was stylistically better, precise, more accurate, guarded the chin.

When Duran fought Pazienza, he wasn't the same fighter. He was stylistically better, refined.

On the flip:
              Tyson didn't change. He got dropped by a nobody in McBride.
              Judah didn't change. He threw the Malignaggi fight and got schooled repeatedly.

Manny Pacquiao didn't change his style, just lowered his aggression, the result is subpar performance in every later fight. At least Hamed had the good sense to retire after one subpar performance. He knew he was done. Manny won't let go. Even Freddie Roach is thinking about dropping him.

This is the problem with boxing. Too many people want fighters to just keep fighting and end up like Abdusalamov. No.

When a fighter is a shell of themselves they need to hang it up. Manny's WAY past the expiration date. I don't want to see more people end up talking like James Toney just to please fans that don't really care about their well being.

Nope. First time posting. If folks knew my real identity, a simple Google search would yield the story. But I don't want bias.

Here's what you and others like Skip Bayless don't understand no matter how many times people try to explain it to you.

Floyd Mayweather's legacy was NEVER about knockouts.
              Manny Pacquiao's legacy was NEVER about points decisions.

Manny Pacquiao went 2008-2009 stopping larger guys. All of a sudden that stops, right around the time Floyd calls out for random blood and urine testing.

Manny being unable to stop Chris Algieri of all people after being able to stop Miguel Cotto? Come on man. Stop.
              Manny Pacquiao's KO Isn't about getting knocked down and getting back up and being "stanky legged"(pretty stupid term) So your comparisons are Irrelevant. The shot he took from Marquez was brutal and could have been life threatening. You yourself just said Pacquiao didn't change his style, just lowered his aggression. Guess what, that Is a style change for him and he compensated by moving and boxing more Instead of jumping In. There Is no doubt that retirement Is calling and that he should heed the warning but let's not down play the courage It took for him to get back Into the ring after such a brutal KO.

Comment

Working...
              X