Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be your reaction to permanent open scoring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont like it. Want the suspense cause sadly in boxing even when you think you know who won you dont till they announce it.

Comment

Its so bad that it's gotten to a point where when a fight goes the distance, I tune in just to see how ridiculous the scorecards are more so than to see who they announce as the winner.

Comment

indifferent

open scoring is dumb on paper but scoring is so corrupt that in reality it kind of gives the fighter whos being robbed a chance to change their strategy

Comment

it would encourage fighters to time waste in the championship rounds if they are ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
            I can't believe people are choosing the "no surprise" option. Have we not seen enough robberies that you want to see more? At the very least, it'll let a losing fighter know he needs to press the attack more. If fighters choose to coast when they're comfortably ahead on the cards it's up to the other fighter to try to close the show. Sure, there'd be no drama at the end, but anything which reduces robberies is OK by me.

Judges aren't being called to account as it stands, so what's the alternative?
            I don't see how open scoring would cut back on robberies and, unless the suggestion is a fourth and 'alternate judge' or something like that, I don't see how it would hold a judge with a crazy score more accountable than announcing it after the fight does.

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
              I don't see how open scoring would cut back on robberies and, unless the suggestion is a fourth and 'alternate judge' or something like that, I don't see how it would hold a judge with a crazy score more accountable than announcing it after the fight does.
              Fans in the arena would boo. And judges would then become more accountable for their card.
              Im in favor off having the judges be interviewed at the post fight pressers.

Fighters who run and kill time would lose fans and
              Tv interest. They would hurt their own bank account imo. It would have to be done for a full 2 years. You may have guys go harder in the first 6 rounds as well imo. Strategies become more open and in depth. Guys like roach hunter and floyd sr may have a losing fighter. And need their guy to attack more. Boxers may have to fight more. Fighters may choose to box more. Imo it helps over a long haul.

Comment

"does wayne brady have to choke a b#tch?"

i'd get hyped in the club and choke somebody

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                  Fans in the arena would boo. And judges would then become more accountable for their card.
                  Im in favor off having the judges be interviewed at the post fight pressers.

Fighters who run and kill time would lose fans and
                  Tv interest. They would hurt their own bank account imo. It would have to be done for a full 2 years. You may have guys go harder in the first 6 rounds as well imo. Strategies become more open and in depth. Guys like roach hunter and floyd sr may have a losing fighter. And need their guy to attack more. Boxers may have to fight more. Fighters may choose to box more. Imo it helps over a long haul.
                  Except no one gave a **** when the judges had Danny Garcia winning by a ridiculous margin after 8 against Herrera, or when Alvarez had the fight in the bag after the 8th against Trout, when the fight was dead even.

So no, the fans possibly booing, which they probably won't since it is the money fighter getting these corrupt scorecards and the fans like the money fighter, isn't going to mean a thing. Especially not to the judges.

Comment

It ruins fights. When a guy knows he's up in a fight, which otherwise would have been thought of as a close fight, they just try to protect that lead. It completely changes the fight.

Perfect example is Jean Marc Mormeck vs O'Neil Bell II.

First fight was fight of the year. In the rematch it continued exactly where it left off - an absolute war! But then the scores were read after four rounds and for some reason the judges were way off and had Mormeck winning every round even though the fight was back and forth and really close. So what happened was Mormeck knowing he was way ahead just went on his bike for the rest of the fight and didn't engage, still winning rounds from the biased judges. Killed the fight completely.

Canelo vs Trout is another example. The fight was actually very close, but again the biased judges had Canelo way ahead. If that had regular scoring, perhaps Canelo presses the fight more and fights with a sense of urgency, instead of fighting with the comfort of knowing he's way a head.

Open scoring is terrible.

The answer is to add more judges. It only takes two ******s to have a terrible decision. But if they had 11 judges that would balance out the idiots.

Comment

Id prefer to be surprised. As bad as some scoring has been, to me its kind of become what the sport is about.

Comment

Working...
                      X