No announcement yet.

Fres Oquendo is injured, fight with Chagaev is off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fres Oquendo is injured, fight with Chagaev is off

Ruslan Chagaev's WBA 'regular' heavyweight defence against Fres Oquendo on October 17 is off. Oquendo has a shoulder injury.

Chagaev's management is looking for a replacement.

Kubrat Pulev was offered the fight but his management said no, he needs more time to prepare to fight a southpaw.

This is a good opportunity for Lucas Browne. I sent him a tweet about it a couple of hours ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Ruslan Chagaev's WBA 'regular' heavyweight defence against Fres Oquendo on October 17 is off. Oquendo has a shoulder injury.

Chagaev's management is looking for a replacement.
      Fres Oquendo still fights?

Comment

Not sure if Lucas Browne can beat Chagaev, he's limited in the skills department but is a rugged and tough guy who has decent power. I think Browne should take the fight; he's been chasing this fight for a year, so there's no reason to turn it down.

Comment

Big daddy browne is out injured for a while I believe

Comment

Originally posted by dantheman1983 View Post
            Big daddy browne is out injured for a while I believe
            Too bad, he'll miss his chance.

I hope Chagaev finds a decent replacement.

Comment

Was looking for forward to this one, that's too bad.

Comment

Looks like they can't find a replacement on short notice, and have decided to cancel.

https://www.orte-im-norden.de/kiel/b...%C3%A4llt-aus/

Translation by google:

The boxing match between WBA heavyweight champion Ruslan Chagaev and Fres Oquendo, scheduled for 17 October in keel falls off. Oquendo, against Chagaev won the heavyweight Crown in the summer of 2014, and had called for a rematch, suffers from a shoulder injury and can not compete in the arena of the Schleswig-Holstein state capital. Finds a new fight date, the Organizer announced to continue on Tuesday.

"We have checked through all the possibilities in recent days and also considering to switch to substitute opponents. Due to the short of time it turned out however as not feasible", Chagaev said. The audience deserved no compromise in this fight, but with perfectly prepared top boxers, Chagaev explained a championship fight. "We have decided so heavy of heart, to move the fight."

Comment

Now Wilder has a credible opponent if he needs a stay busy before Povetkin.

Comment

Working...
                  X