Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Fernando Vargas have beaten Felix Trinidad if he punched Tito in the balls too?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baya View Post
    vargas just never had that IT to overcome obstacles like the upper-echelon of the fight game during that time. vargas is like a poorer-man's version of cotto.
    If the IT factor is overcoming multiple dirty shots to the balls, I guess your right. Had Tito not had to resort to that GARBAGE when in trouble, we wouldn't be discussing this right now

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
      If the IT factor is overcoming multiple dirty shots to the balls, I guess your right. Had Tito not had to resort to that GARBAGE when in trouble, we wouldn't be discussing this right now
      you tell yourself that, champ.

yeah, some guy who lost to mayorga would have beaten tito if not for a low blow. c'mon, he checked out when given the opportunity.

Comment

you tell yourself that, champ.

yeah, some guy who lost to mayorga would have beaten tito if not for a low blow. c'mon, he checked out when given the opportunity.
        You're comparing a past his prime Vargas losing to Mayorga, to the prime Vargas that fought Trinidad. Good job on that pathetic comparison.

Keep telling yourself that CHAMP!!

Comment

I have the fight and watched it when it happened when they fought. Vargas was on the comeback and had Tito hurt after putting him down for the 2nd time with the momentum.

Trinidad purposely hit him low to get him off of him because he was in trouble. That low blow was bad!!!! Tito doesn't throw that punch if he didn't know he was in trouble.

That shot took the steam outta Vargas and allowed Trinidad to get back in the fight, so your damn right it changed things in the fight

As a matter of fact Trinidad threw MULTIPLE LOW BLOWS through the fight
          Stop making **** up. You say you have the fight and have seen it multiple times and then you say something multiple times that never happened. Vargas dropped Tito down ONCE during the fight and it was a flash knockdown during the fourth round.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzyM02VaYZg

In the fourth round, Vargas knocked Trinidad down with a big left hook. Trinidad was hurt and getting mauled after he got up. He knew he was going to lose so he punched Vargas in the dick.

I do believe the low blows hurt Vargas more than the knockdowns...

Tito went low three or four times. That took a lot out of Vargas. In fact, I do believe the low blows hurt Vargas more than the knockdowns in the opening round.

Vargas adjusted to Trinidad's power. Then Tito punched Vargas in the balls when he was getting his ass kicked.

Also, Trinidad went low AGAIN when he was winning. SEE ROUND 7

But back to the original question: Could Vargas have beaten Trinidad if he threw more low blows?

Vote and discuss.
            Vargas couldn't have beat tito period. He also threw low blows and was deducted points for it. Also you guys act like tito was on his way out lol. He took 1 flash knockdown and got up and cargas threw a couple shots but tito was never as hurt as you like to make out.

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
              Stop making **** up. You say you have the fight and have seen it multiple times and then you say something multiple times that never happened. Vargas dropped Tito down ONCE during the fight and it was a flash knockdown during the fourth round.
              I watched the fight the night it came on and I have the Vargas box set. I rewatched the fight last night and Vargas had 1 knockdown and had Trinidad in trouble after he got up, when Trinidad blatantly threw a bad low blow to stop Vargas's momentum and get him off of him, which is why Jay Nady took a point from him.

Trinidad threw about 4 low blows in the fight, what I said was that the low blow in that round changed that round and fight immensely and if you say it didn't than your just biased. Trinidad threw that punch because he was still hurt and in a lot of trouble, and if he doesn't make it out of that round and he knew it which is why he resorted to it
              Last edited by jai mari078; 11-04-2015, 06:35 PM.

Comment

You're comparing a past his prime Vargas losing to Mayorga, to the prime Vargas that fought Trinidad. Good job on that pathetic comparison.

Keep telling yourself that CHAMP!!
                past prime-vargas is because of tito. it was all that fight. tito was too accurate, too powerful, too black.

Comment

I watched the fight the night it came on and I have the Vargas box set. I rewatched the fight last night and Vargas had 1 knockdown and had Trinidad in trouble after he got up, when Trinidad blatantly threw a bad low blow to stop Vargas's momentum and get him off of him, which is why Jay Nady took a point from him.

Trinidad threw about 4 low blows in the fight, what I said was that the low blow in that round changed that round and fight immensely and if you say it didn't than your just biased. Trinidad threw that punch because he was still hurt and in a lot of trouble, and if he doesn't make it out of that round and he knew it which is why he resorted to it
                  bro deja con el lloriqueo.

Comment

bro deja con el lloriqueo.
                    la verdad duela, but t's all good it's a discussion forum if we all agreed it would be boring

Comment

What steroid was 'El Steroido' busted for again

Comment

Working...
                      X