Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come no: "Mattheysse be like" thread?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wondering why you didn't just make it instead of making one asking this question...

but anyway, there are memes being posted by blackballsgobbler but it looks like a tough sell. matthysse is a respected figure in boxing and doesn't say a lot of dumb **** like khan, ortiz, or broner. there's very little comedic value to it, unless you really wanted to troll JSDF something or whatever his name is.

Comment

• So that's why this thread became racial then? I get it now.

Mattheyesse is a hype job just like broner was. The only difference is broner made more money doing it.

Comment

• Matthysse has better wins than Broner. Broner is a 4 weight champion but he doesn't have higher quality wins than Matthysse. Lucas doesn't hump people in the ring, doesn't get DUIs, doesn't have a criminal past, and doesn't flush $20 bills down the toilet for Youtube views.

People thinking the reason Broner had a "be like" thread on the sole basis that it's because he's black or an Al Haymon fighter need to wake the fu*k up to what Broner represented in his character to the general public.

It's harder to hate on a humble guy and the public isn't gonna ride with that hate if you try it. It's easier to hate on top dogs, pot heads, the mentally unstable, and fighters with lesser wins than Matthysse when they act like jackasses in and out of the ring.

That said, make fun of Lucas but don't forget it was Danny who fu*ked that pussy's eye up first

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          Matthysse has better wins than Broner. Broner is a 4 weight champion but he doesn't have higher quality wins than Matthysse. Lucas doesn't hump people in the ring, doesn't get DUIs, doesn't have a criminal past, and doesn't flush $20 bills down the toilet for Youtube views.

People thinking the reason Broner had a "be like" thread on the sole basis that it's because he's black or an Al Haymon fighter need to wake the fu*k up to what Broner represented in his character to the general public.

It's harder to hate on a humble guy and the public isn't gonna ride with that hate if you try it. It's easier to hate on top dogs, pot heads, the mentally unstable, and fighters with lesser wins than Matthysse when they act like jackasses in and out of the ring.

That said, make fun of Lucas but don't forget it was Danny who fu*ked that pussy's eye up first
          u say it as tho mattysee has these great wins. who has he beat? mike dallas jr? john molina? provo? peterson? sorry if that dont do it for me

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
            u say it as tho mattysee has these great wins. who has he beat? mike dallas jr? john molina? provo? peterson? sorry if that dont do it for me
            I didn't say great. I said he has better wins than Broner.

He fought Molina before Broner, rough scrap but KOd him. Plus mentioning Provo and Peterson doesn't help those guys are better wins than anyone on Broner's resume.

Who has Broner beat? Old ass Paulie Malignaggi? The Allakhverdiev win is good and he did it much better than Jessie Vargas I'll give him that. Other than that, other fighters have beat Broner's past four wins (excluding Allakhverdiev) in higher fashion.

Lucas' win over Humberto Soto is better than most of Broner's wins.

Comment

• How did this become Matthysse versus broner? One thing I got for Broner. He's better than Ortiz. Maidana made ortiz fold. Mentally. Broner may have tried some sneaky stuff, but he had the mental fortitude to be knocked silly by Maidana and finish the fight on his feet. Despite the jokes, that earned my respect. While we really being honest, Khan is better than Ortiz as well. That should make stax and flat happy. I'm going to get a black n mild....

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
                How did this become Matthysse versus broner? One thing I got for Broner. He's better than Ortiz. Maidana made ortiz fold. Mentally. Broner may have tried some sneaky stuff, but he had the mental fortitude to be knocked silly by Maidana and finish the fight on his feet. Despite the jokes, that earned my respect. While we really being honest, Khan is better than Ortiz as well. That should make stax and flat happy. I'm going to get a black n mild....
                Isn't the title referencing the "Broner be like" thread that's like 20+ pages long? I don't know if there are other "be like" ones that exist with popularity.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  Isn't the title referencing the "Broner be like" thread that's like 20+ pages long? I don't know if there are other "be like" ones that exist with popularity.
                  There was. Memes been around a while man. The Broner one was classic tho. Fair point

Comment

• It's way easier to dis like Broner compared to Matthysse. I'm mad I even have to explain this to ppl. Lol and it's not just because he's black either.

Comment

• I would expect Fury to get ripped on just as hard Broner did if he got KOd by Wlad.

Comment

Working...
                      X