No announcement yet.

Would Postol KO Kell Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Postol KO Kell Brook?

Does anyone else here feel that Postol would easily knock out Kell Brook? Brook is a bit stiff and chinny, and Postol ate Lucas' best punches like candy.

Would Kell Brook be the easiest "top opponent" for Postol?

I really think Kell Brook would be easy work.

Not a chance.

Brook outboxes him comfortably, the jab controlling the fight. Chinny

Brook is the best fighter at 147.

Comment

Brook is a big dude who is almost as big as, boxes very well and hits hard so I think he'd probably win but Postol outboxing him wouldn't be a surprise.

Comment

Christ. So I guess Postol is the new flavour of the month, huh?

Comment

Who knows

The problem with Kell is we STILL don't know how truly good he is.

Yes he beat Porter, but all we learned from that is Kell can clinch himself to a win against a smaller man.

Kell has only challenged himself once, its hard to predict how he would cope with different styles

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Not a chance.

Brook outboxes him comfortably, the jab controlling the fight. Chinny

Brook is the best fighter at 147.
            What are you basing this utter nonsense on?

1 close win against a very overrated Porter?

This would be a close fight.

Comment

Postol is a 140 pounder, whereas Brook is a career 147 pounder. I couldn't see Postol KOing him but he'd possibly give him as good a fight as Carson Jones and maybe even outpoint him.

In some respects Postol is somewhat like a C-level version of Khan.

Comment

Brook stops him if anyhing

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                  Does anyone else here feel that Postol would easily knock out Kell Brook? Brook is a bit stiff and chinny, and Postol ate Lucas' best punches like candy.

Would Kell Brook be the easiest "top opponent" for Postol?

I really think Kell Brook would be easy work.
                  Brook would be too strong for Postol and too good all round. Postol's height might help him though and he'd probably land some solid jabs but Brook is a versatile puncher with quick, hard, single shots. Brook by wide UD or late stoppage.

Comment

No. The guy did KO Matthysse but he is not a huge puncher and has a low KO percentage. Brook is bigger and a better boxer than Mathysse and nobody has ever knocked Brook down. I would give Brook the edge if they fought. They are both good but Brook is a 7 pound bigger man. All things equal 7 pounds makes a difference in the lower weight classes.

Comment

Working...
                    X