Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach: This Was One of My Greatest Career Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victor "The Pistol" Postol had a great strategie for Matthysse but with that clinching-style i will never become a fan of his. Upset of the year so far against one of my favorite fighters!

Comment

im sure this has been mentioned but imo that might be the most interesting part about postol. you got a trainer in roach who is training a guy who holds and moves and boxes his ass off and imo shows roach is a way better trainer then given credit. granted roach is already respected as one if not best trainer in the game but hes considered a face first brawler no defense teaching type trainer and as we have seen before and tonight specifically thats just not fair and its just what he enjoys to coach. imo this is probably his most impressive win as a trainer in so many ways and as we saw with how the judges had the fight scored before the ko postol only chance was complete domination and even then he was behind on one card and only up 1 round on the other 2 which luckily is being ignored cause the ko but those scores are an utter disgrace
      Last edited by Cinci Champ; 10-04-2015, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Salute! Freddie Roach's fighter looked like he was a well seasoned champion! Postol made Lucas look very one-dimensional. I guess Lucas has trouble with movement and angles because he always has trouble with those fighters, but he looks great against "face forward" fighters like Provodnikov. Postol vs. Imam should be a good fight. Make it happen!

Comment

Thete goes C.ockroach being attention whore, hogging credit again.

Comment

It was also Danny Garcia's. Lets just hope Postol now looks to keep the momentum going instead of thinking he doesn't have to fight anyone else ever since he beat La Maquina.

Comment

It was a great win. When I noticed that McMillan is also working with Postol, I knew he'd be in great shape. Really good night for Freddie and his team.

This is foreshadowing for November 21st.

Comment

I wouldnt call this fight upset of the year but damn Postol and his team were on it last night.

Comment

i know freddie roach has won trainer of the year 7 times but wouldn't' "trainer of the century" be more accurate

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
                    i know freddie roach has won trainer of the year 7 times but wouldn't' "trainer of the century" be more accurate
                    would you give roach a blow job if he asked you to?

Comment

Working...
                    X