No announcement yet.

The Good Boys: The Official WARTRAIN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    I really don't understand how a boxing fan could dislike him. The only reason I can think of is fans of certain fighters hate hearing about how he would beat their favorite fighter. He is such a friendly respectful guy and he fights clean, no dirty stuff. He fights the best middleweights who will sign the contract and he gets the KO win every time.

It's not that people dislike him as a person. I think people dislike his team and the way hes being built. They are doing a fantastic job branding him. But HBO was trying to tell us, and instill in our minds that GGG was amazing and the most feared fighter by like his second fight. It felt force, and no one ever likes that. But it worked.

What turned people off was that it was obvious they were going to the Mayweather-Pacquiao route in regards to his "rival" Andre Ward. After 5 years of going through that nonsense, fans are just more aware now. It wasnt personal.

Comment

I really don't understand how a boxing fan could dislike him. The only reason I can think of is fans of certain fighters hate hearing about how he would beat their favorite fighter. He is such a friendly respectful guy and he fights clean, no dirty stuff. He fights the best middleweights who will sign the contract and he gets the KO win every time.
      Well said. Great post. Green K worthy.

Comment

He is such a friendly respectful guy
        Nobody actually cares about that, just gay ass boxing fans who take what a fighter does or say outside the ring to heart. I don't watch boxing for personalities.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Nobody actually cares about that, just gay ass boxing fans who take what a fighter does or say outside the ring to heart. I don't watch boxing for personalities.
          I don't watch boxing for personalities either but I can't help but notice what a fighter's personality is like and it makes a difference to me. I don't like Broner or Khan much because of the way they act. How do you know nobody cares about that. You can only speak for yourself. I'm not gay and I love boxing. I can appreciate any boxer's skill. But if a fighter is a jackass and an a hole I won't be rooting for him.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            Well said. Great post. Green K worthy.
            Thanks, my friend.

Comment

I don't watch boxing for personalities either but I can't help but notice what a fighter's personality is like and it makes a difference to me. I don't like Broner or Khan much because of the way they act. How do you know nobody cares about that. You can only speak for yourself. I'm not gay and I love boxing. I can appreciate any boxer's skill. But if a fighter is a jackass and an a hole I won't be rooting for him.
              Mike Tyson was a jerk and a jackass to everyone, his interviews were rude and foul and he was verbally violent. Nobody cared, he was still loved more than hated. Now in the 2000s ****sexuality is more accepted and people talk more about how they feel about another man's personality in boxing as an attribute to why they like them.

Comment

Originally posted by MrP4P View Post
                It's not that people dislike him as a person. I think people dislike his team and the way hes being built. They are doing a fantastic job branding him. But HBO was trying to tell us, and instill in our minds that GGG was amazing and the most feared fighter by like his second fight. It felt force, and no one ever likes that. But it worked.

What turned people off was that it was obvious they were going to the Mayweather-Pacquiao route in regards to his "rival" Andre Ward. After 5 years of going through that nonsense, fans are just more aware now. It wasnt personal.
                His team can be outspoken at times. I understand what you are saying.

Comment

eboladogs wishes Golovkin was his friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    eboladogs wishes Golovkin was his friend.
                    Golovkin is the truth. (boxer, and poster)

Comment

Originally posted by MrP4P View Post

Well it was the truth. By his 2nd fight he was recognized as the best MW by the insiders, yet was barely Ring top 10 and didn't have decent wins cause it was terrible risk/reward for the top MWs. Turns out the insiders were right, hes by far the best at MW. But he fought often and for short money, built himself up into a draw and look at him now.

Can't compare to Floyd Pac. That would have been the biggest money fight ever, any time since 2009. GGg is about to headline his first Ppv, while Ward is ppv undercard or doing 300k viewers on BET

Comment

Working...
                      X