Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan Beat Algieri Easier Than Mayweather Beat Berto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Algieri looked better and won that Khan fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
      Both won comfortably, Berto is juts awful, Algieri is an ok fighter.

Floyd has nthing that would trouble Khan that's why he ducked him twice and ran into retirement to avoid him
      khan was not comfortable in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Seriously though, I doubt Berto even landed that, his accuracy was horrid.
        Agreed

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        ya khan is actually TBE didnt u hear?

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post

how stupid are you?

Comment

Mayweather was the one cut and bleeding more at times, it happens in boxing but against a low level Berto..? Sure if it was Algieri in there with Floyd you'd expect some cuts but against a c/d-level fighter like Berto, and to run all night the way Floyd did too..?

Khan actually tried to do some harm to Algieri and damage him while Mayweather was content with running from a c/d-level fighter all night??

Surely Khan's performance trumps Floyd's every time..

Comment

A more important aspect of this argument is that Khan fought the BETTER opponent, who had him beat for height, reach and size. Khan had to fight small and try work his way out of that fight. I actually felt Algieiri won by a point but Khan actually managed to out jab him at times, which is normally the prerequisite of the taller fighter. Khan put in a good performance in a tricky fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
              Most would agree at this point that Algieri would beat Berto handily. This means that Khan's last opponent was of course a superior fighter to Mayweather's last opponent.

The question however remains: Did Khan actually beat a more difficult opponent in Algieri, easier than Mayweather was able to beat the low level Berto?
              I don't agree. Put then in the ring and we will see, styles make fights.
              Who beat who? Beat them better, more decisive manner. Manny beat hatton more decisively, but easily lost to Floyd.

Your question remains a hypothetical one. Let's test the hypothesis in the ring.
              By direct experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                Most would agree at this point that Algieri would beat Berto handily. This means that Khan's last opponent was of course a superior fighter to Mayweather's last opponent.

The question however remains: Did Khan actually beat a more difficult opponent in Algieri, easier than Mayweather was able to beat the low level Berto?
                Why, just why?

How do you measure that? What's the point of this question?

Comment

I agree I think Algeiri is being underrated here, i think he edges out Berto, but that by no means Khan would beat Mayweather, not now, not ever imo.
                  Last edited by mann187; 10-02-2015, 05:23 AM.

Comment

I think Chris beat Khan.

Comment

Khan looked average at times in that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X