No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Eyes Return in 2016 at Junior Welter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
    FU CKING sad. That POS Arum can MotherFU CK your career. I hate that SOB.
    What did Arum do to Mikey? Make him a featured fighter on HBO? He wasn't starving to death either.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
      its called racism
      Please don't call it that , as it causes uncontrolled nausea and vomiting .
      Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        damn he lost 2 years off of his prime
        true that. im a big fan. but at 140 i dont think he can carry the power. mikey is not that big. imo crawford and gamboa give him trouble. i would would favor crawford but gamboa would be a toss up.

Comment

How did you rate Garcia before he was inactive?

Comment

I really like Mikey and thought he had a chance to be the next guy. Sad that his business got in the way of his career. I hope he held out for honest reasons and didn't let hangers on make him waste 2 prime years.

I will be happy when he returns and hope the layoff hasn't adversely affected what is left of his career.

Comment

Should of just kept fighting and played out his contract. Clearly somebody got in his ear (Haymon) and that was bad advice as he has basically wasted 2 years in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                What did Arum do to Mikey? Make him a featured fighter on HBO? He wasn't starving to death either.
                Arum put him on the shelf because he was all butthurt about Mikey wanting to jump ship. That's how Arum MFed him. Promoters can really mess up the sport.

A featured fighter? When was the last time you seen him on TV. Arum really did right him, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Should of just kept fighting and played out his contract. Clearly somebody got in his ear (Haymon) and that was bad advice as he has basically wasted 2 years in his prime.
                  Someone may have got in his ear. But it wasn't like Arum was lining up fights for him either. Mikey was having thought of jumping ship and POS Arum decided to shelve him as payback for wanting to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I really like Mikey and thought he had a chance to be the next guy. Sad that his business got in the way of his career. I hope he held out for honest reasons and didn't let hangers on make him waste 2 prime years.

I will be happy when he returns and hope the layoff hasn't adversely affected what is left of his career.
                    No matter how good someone is, being away for that stretch of time is not going to be good for anyone. There will be an after affect no doubt.

Comment

Was a big fan of Mikey but his career as of late has almost made me forget that he ever existed.

Comment

Working...
                      X