No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Boxer of the Month for September 2015

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I don't want wilder, chudinov or quillin to be FOTM, I just want names included.

Opposition level is too subjective. Those words in quotes describe opponents but not their level. One can be a mandatory still not be quality-see Kov v Mohammedi- mandatory that was a 40-1 underdog, or Leapai. Caparello surely wasn't quality opposition even though he was ranked. You put GGG on when he beat Monroe. Was Monroe ranked, yes was he "quality opposition"? no.

So again, just be consistent.
    But you said you would have voted for Wilder. Why would you vote for someone you don't want to be fighter of the month?

Comment

Originally posted by dirty fingers View Post
      But you said you would have voted for Wilder. Why would you vote for someone you don't want to be fighter of the month?
      Meaning I don't care who wins, I just want the option to vote for everyone in a major fight.

Comment

Meaning I don't care who wins, I just want the option to vote for everyone in a major fight.

You're comical.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

You're comical.
          I also asked for chudinov and quillin be included in a poll. we only get one vote. so why would I ask you to put all 3 in if I only cared about wilder winning?

I notice you skipped my other post.

Comment

I also asked for chudinov and quillin be included in a poll. we only get one vote. so why would I ask you to put all 3 in if I only cared about wilder winning?

I notice you skipped my other post.
            What three do you see in the poll who are less deserving than Chudinov, Wilder and Quillen?

Explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              What three do you see in the poll who are less deserving than Chudinov, Wilder and Quillen?

Explain.
              I don't think its a case of less deserving. Wilder was in the most watched fight this month, and the 2nd biggest other than Floyd. he clearly deserved to be on the list, consistent with how you have placed other fighters.

you know very few knew buddle or takayama fought. are those fights "major" when compared to quillin and chudinov?

If qullin and chudinov got left off and there was an "other" category, that would be ok.

Comment

How in the hell is Jack winning this? Estrada and Charlo both had better wins. I don't even see how it's a question. I mean, good for Jack but he definitely wasn't the fighter of the month.

Comment

Fighter of the month for September(the unbiased edition)

vote and discuss

Comment

I don't think its a case of less deserving. Wilder was in the most watched fight this month, and the 2nd biggest other than Floyd. he clearly deserved to be on the list, consistent with how you have placed other fighters.

you know very few knew buddle or takayama fought. are those fights "major" when compared to quillin and chudinov?

If qullin and chudinov got left off and there was an "other" category, that would be ok.
                    Just because the boxers in the smaller weight divisions don't receive the media attention they deserve, doesn't mean they shouldn't be included.

Comment

agree.........

Comment

Working...
                      X