Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireworks Ahead at 130...Will fights get made?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireworks Ahead at 130...Will fights get made?

Junior lightweight is about to be one of the most loaded divisions in the sport:

Uchiyama
    Miura
    Salido
    Fortuna
    Martinez
    Pedraza
    Valdez
    Vargas

And then Walters and Lomachenko will be there within the next year.

If fights can get made, whoever survives this gauntlet will be on the path to stardom.

Think Gamboa is moving down too.

Miura vs Vargas is a very exciting fight, can't wait for it.
    Love to see Pedraza vs Gamboa and Uchiyama vs Fortuna

Comment

Sadly I dont think Uchiyama will be fighting for much longer, he's a pretty old fighter for the weight

Uchiyama-Miura 2 seems to me to be the most exciting fight, crowning a new lineal champion although we already know who the best of the division is

Comment

Maybe Uchiyama's age will push him into taking some big fights just to see what he can get like it did with Nishioka a few years back. I agree though, there quietly seems to be a lot of potential big matches in that division which hasn't been great in recent years and that's fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
          Think Gamboa is moving down too.

Miura vs Vargas is a very exciting fight, can't wait for it.
          Love to see Pedraza vs Gamboa and Uchiyama vs Fortuna
          Forgot about Gamboa. That makes things real interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
            Junior lightweight is about to be one of the most loaded divisions in the sport:

Uchiyama
            Miura
            Salido
            Fortuna
            Martinez
            Pedraza
            Valdez
            Vargas

And then Walters and Lomachenko will be there within the next year.

If fights can get made, whoever survives this gauntlet will be on the path to stardom.
            In recent years we've had similarly loaded weights at fw and sbw yet only 2 or 3 of the fights we all want to see have been made. Donaire v Rigo, Mares v LSC and...I dunno, are there any others?

We might get Frampton/Quigg I guess.

SFW will suffer the same, with Loma not going anywhere near a bigger, stronger Walters. Martinez and Salido are pretty much done as fighters. Uchiyama, as much as I like him has wasted a career fighting nobody. I'm not holding out much hope.

Comment

What happens if Edner Cherry beats Pedraza this Saturday..
              Last edited by canesfan22; 09-30-2015, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Oscar Valdez is a 126 pounder.

I think Takashi Uchiyama and Francisco Vargas are the best in the division. Takashi Miura is good too, but he's going to find out there's a big difference between the minor league level Mexicans he's been facing and Francisco Vargas.

Orlando Salido and Roman Martinez are only good for each other. They get beat by everybody else. I highly doubt Salido has another great performance in him, he's just been in too many wars. It's a shame Haymon robbed him.

Martinez is one of the luckiest fighters. He had close decision wins that could've gone either way against Diego Magdaleno and Miguel Beltran Jr. and he lost clearly to Juan Carlos Burgos and Orlando Salido in the second fight and was gifted draws.

The division would be great if Mikey Garcia and Yuriorkis Gamboa joined the party but they're idiots.

Comment

Gamboa (if he moves down) and Pedraza are the best at 130 I think

Comment

Yeah I'm liking that Division right now, it is one of the more underrated Divisions in boxing.

Would love to see Uchiyama come over or maybe some of the other fighters should go fight him in Japan

I think PBC will build up towards Pedraza vs Fortuna slowly and let them get more popular as champions before letting them go head to head. Wouldn't mind seeing Salido vs Fortuna I think that would be a good stylistic match up and I think Salido pressure could give him problems

Uchiyama vs Martinez would love to see that!

Takashi Miura vs Francisco Vargas on Cotto vs Canelo undercard is a Big Fight in that Division

Comment

Working...
                    X