No announcement yet.

Will new arena lure mayweather back for #50

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will new arena lure mayweather back for #50

Im of the minority that thinks there is actually a good chance mayweather dont fight again. The idea that he will run out of money and this and that imo is ridiculous. U dont just burn thru 700 million with investments on top of that. But the reason i write this is the one thing that keeps me from thinking he is for sure done is the fact the mgm is scheduled to open their brand new arena in april. You would have to think the mgm would offer him a ton of money to do it. I was of the belief that he wouldnt fight again but now that im thinking more about it i think the arena and flat out all the money he would be offered to do it would be to hard to pass up. Well see if i had to bet i would say hes done but now im starting to move to the side of he will fight 1 or 2 more times. Anyway i know this subject has been beaten to hell and back but what do you guys think? will the arena lure mayweather back for 1 more fight? The mgm actually wants him to be the very first event which is less likely considering they are scheduled to open in april but he could end up being the first boxing match there.

I think money will lure him back sooner than later. He loves being super rich.

Comment

Cinci I think you should have worded it-Who will those opening the new arena make Floyd fight next.

I think he has to fight again to open the new arena.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Cinci I think you should have worded it-Who will those opening the new arena make Floyd fight next.

I think he has to fight again to open the new arena.
        yea u might be right about that. i just think the idea he will come back cause he needs the money and all that is a bit ridiculous the guy is uber rich he aint gonna run out of money but at the same time no matter how rich u are getting 100 million dollar checks is still getting 100 million dollar check hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
          yea u might be right about that. i just think the idea he will come back cause he needs the money and all that is a bit ridiculous the guy is uber rich he aint gonna run out of money but at the same time no matter how rich u are getting 100 million dollar checks is still getting 100 million dollar check hahahaha
          If Cotto beats Canelo I would pencil Floyd/cotto in. If wilder and Wlad can be made for the first fight, then they might do that instead of Floyd.

Comment

Not sure about Floyd but itll lure me there.

If Canelo wins they will try to get him to be the new face of MGM.

Comment

I think Floyd fighting at the new arena would be a mistake, unless it is a young guy who is poised to become boxing next star. His chapter in boxing is closed; leave it that way.

Comment

Not sure about new arena but new IV would.

Comment

More likely Floyd will have 2 more fights. One easy fight to get to 50. Then the legacy fight at 51, against probably GGG at 160

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    More likely Floyd will have 2 more fights. One easy fight to get to 50. Then the legacy fight at 51, against probably GGG at 160
                    HIGHLY doubt he takes a legacy fight at this point ...either a rematch with someone he already beat (pac,cotto,canelo) or a gimmie fight (berto,alexander,salka)

Comment

Working...
                    X