No announcement yet.

Official Lucas Matthysse vs Viktor Postol Fight Prediction/Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    I do still have that lol. Maybe later. I'm just going to go home and drink a delicious Ballast Point Grape fruit IPA, and nurse my wounds.
    It's all good bro, we win some we lose some. That's boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
      it was postol's jab and movement, nothing more than that

lucas can't become an in-fighter, he's a mid-range guy and postol wouldn't fight him at mid-range and lucas got frustrated

it's as simple as that really
      I agree,his height gave him distance to throw his jab.As tall as he is,most Jr. WWs are going to struggle against him(postol).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
        Damn....definitely not the outcome I predicted but give credit to Postol....he frustrated Lucas with the clinches and that headbutt....I hope Lucas doesn't retire without getting a world title, that would be a shame
        If it wasn't the headclash then honestly eff the world title, he needs to retire asap because he looked shot to pieces in those last 3 rounds, he had nothing.

Comment

Damn....definitely not the outcome I predicted but give credit to Postol....he frustrated Lucas with the clinches and that headbutt....I hope Lucas doesn't retire without getting a world title, that would be a shame
          It would be a shame. He should have the IBF belt, but he decided he would go after Garcia instead and fought Peterson at a CW.

I hope he gets one because he's had a fabulous career.

Comment

• Nice touch by Shane Mosley:
            ShaneMosley_:MatthysseLucas chin up my friend. Real champs like you take a loss and learn from it. You will come back stronger. Great fight #Respect

Comment

• Everytime I suggested postol would beat matthysse posters like webbler, dean razorback and some others immediately chalked it up to hate.

I hope after you apologize you realize that matthysse is just not as good as some of you think. Saying this and picking good fighters like Danny and postol to beat him isn't hate.

I just never understood why so many on NSB have such a hard on for this guy. There is more to the sport than having power.

Matthysse is just an average guy who can't seem to beat quality opponents unless he kos them.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Everytime I suggested postol would beat matthysse posters like webbler, dean razorback and some others immediately chalked it up to hate.

I hope after you apologize you realize that matthysse is just not as good as some of you think. Saying this and picking good fighters like Danny and postol to beat him isn't hate.

I just never understood why so many on NSB have such a hard on for this guy. There is more to the sport than having power.

Matthysse is just an average guy who can't seem to beat quality opponents unless he kos them.
                hate? did i ever post as fervently as _king??

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Everytime I suggested postol would beat matthysse posters like webbler, dean razorback and some others immediately chalked it up to hate.

how is losing to postol somehow a grade on how good matthysse is?

ignore the forum fanboys and checkout the youtube pre-fight predictions, most people had it 50/50 and a lot picked postol to win

just because people picked lucas by KO doesn't mean ****, that's how he wins most of his fights, that's what he does best, saying someone is gonna win by KO doesn't automatically mean that they're saying the opponent is ****

Comment

Lucas has yet to be gifted a title opportunity, and I'm not sure if he'll fight 2-3 times to re-establish himself. I've always wanted to see Matts vs. Herrera, maybe we'll get that now.

Comment

• Postol broke him down expertly. Sneaky body shots and sharp accurate shots took it out of him. Surprised that Matthysse quit like he did. People slate guys like Khan and Broner but they've fought through adversity better than that.

Comment

Working...
                      X