Official Lucas Matthysse vs Viktor Postol Fight Prediction/Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VS

Comment

• We finally have a value for Postol's reach, 72" so the same as Lamont Peterson. Also Lucas is listed by GB as 5"7

Comment

• Lucas deserves this title, unbelievable that politics wouldn't let him win the IBF title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
          Lol so this might be the last fight he has at the top level and he's getting 90k. After expenses probably closer to 60k, and if he loses he might not get any higher than 50k pay days again; essentially his career may be over and he's not even made a million in his whole career. I don't think he has the qualifications to do a normal job either. 90k in a sold out stubhub, alongside licensing fees from BoxNation and HBO is pathetic really.
          maybe he is getting more money from ukrainian tv? i don't know, 90K sounds fucked up, like chavez getting 20K or something when fought rios or bradley, can't remember vs who it was

Comment

Lol so this might be the last fight he has at the top level and he's getting 90k. After expenses probably closer to 60k, and if he loses he might not get any higher than 50k pay days again; essentially his career may be over and he's not even made a million in his whole career. I don't think he has the qualifications to do a normal job either. 90k in a sold out stubhub, alongside licensing fees from BoxNation and HBO is pathetic really.
            He's not getting 90k. He took a smaller cut because he's getting 100% of the money internationally.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
              He's not getting 90k. He took a smaller cut because he's getting 100% of the money internationally.
              Yeah I'm aware he's getting overseas money however I strongly doubt it's 100%. Maybe all of Ukrainian tv revenue. My point was that's low for a title fight nonetheless.

Comment

danrafaelespn: Purses for Sat night's #MatthyssePostol card: Matthysse $500k, Postol $90k (more overall with overseas $), Orozco $100k, Soto $100k. #boxing
                The HBO card is probably cheaper than the Showtime card.

Comment

• Damn I really want to see this fight. I think it'll turn into FOTY around the 4th round

Comment

Yeah I'm aware he's getting overseas money however I strongly doubt it's 100%. Maybe all of Ukrainian tv revenue. My point was that's low for a title fight nonetheless.
                    What? Do you really think that "Ukrainian tv" makes big money from this fight?
                    ... $100k at most.

Comment

No way. How is his management allowing him to fight for 90K?

Comment

Working...
                      X