Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SOG" Ward vs "Krusher" Kovalev @ 175 lbs/12 1/2 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by U_GOT_KTFO View Post
    Ward wins a few of the early rounds then Kovalev's power starts to turn the tide. Kovalev takes the last 2/3 or 1/2 of the fight. Kovalev may knock Ward down but I dont see a stoppage.
    That's how I see it going as well, but I think Kovalev stops him late. I don't know if Ward can take that kind of punishment in deep waters.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
      I got Ward by UD. Kovalev looks good knocking out Nadjib Mohammedi, Blake Caparello, Cedric Agnew, Nathan Cleverly, etc. But to think that Kovalev would knock out Ward like he did against those boxers are going to be in for a rude awakening when they fight.

Kovalev has shown good foot movement and good range against C/D level boxers, but Ward is no C/D level boxer. Ward is in a different league compared to Nathan Cleverly.
      No good foot movement.

Kovalev would box his ears off.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        No good foot movement.

Kovalev would box his ears off.
        I didn't say he didn't have good foot movement. The point is Kovalev looks great against the opposition he's fighting against; beating C/D level boxers, beating a shot Pascal, and a 50 year old Hopkins (who has the work-rate of a grandpa).

We'll see, Ward has to get by Barrera first and he can possibly lose that fight.
        Last edited by Boxingwizard; 01-31-2016, 04:31 AM.

Comment

The only way Ward makes it to the last bell is if the ref allows him to hold like crazy. Krusher by KO!

Comment

So many holes in Kovalev you dont even know. S.O.G makes EASY work out this boy please believe the hype its only going to add to your shock.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
              The only way Ward makes it to the last bell is if the ref allows him to hold like crazy. Krusher by KO!
              well the fight will probably be in oakland. that's why i don't get why people want to see this. there's no possible way it won't be a clinch-fest. ward simply can't compete on even terms with kovalev. is he going to try to move aroudn like hopkins and pascal until kovalev breaks him down? no he's going to try to come inside and smother and when kovalev tries to let his hands go he will just clamp them making for a terrible fight. the ref will do nothing like always.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                well the fight will probably be in oakland. that's why i don't get why people want to see this. there's no possible way it won't be a clinch-fest. ward simply can't compete on even terms with kovalev. is he going to try to move aroudn like hopkins and pascal until kovalev breaks him down? no he's going to try to come inside and smother and when kovalev tries to let his hands go he will just clamp them making for a terrible fight. the ref will do nothing like always.
                I hate when this happens. The refs have to be held accountable. This is boxing not wrestling. If somebody's holding excessively, give them two stern warnings then take a point.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                  Well said.

I don't see Ward being able to clinch, one swift deadly combination from Kovalev and it's lights out for Ward.

Comment

I'm more of a Kovalev fan but it should be pretty obvious to anyone who's seen Ward that he's a completely different animal. this as close as we're going to a bigger version of Leonard Vs Hearns. i'm thinking Ward wins the first couple of rounds, and Kovalev knocks him out in the later rounds.

Comment

Ward is what we like to call a spoiler. He doesn't really give a **** about the fight being exciting. He will find what works and he will do it until he comes out victorious.

Comment

Working...
                      X