Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather miss the boat, Cotto's lineal MW Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I'm glad Floyd didn't go for that opportunistic move. Nobody would be saying that Floyd is the "lineal MW champion" with a serious face. First off, Cotto beat a crippled for the belt and hasn't even been defending it at the full weight limit. Floyd would have to beat GGG to be considered the man at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
      I think pursuing a fight with Cotto became much harder for Mayweather with Haymon after Cotto signed with Jay-Z. But if it isn't and he beats Canelo, there's no reason they couldn't still fight.
      I think it's possible if you show ROC the money. They spent a lot of money on Ward and Cotto. They got one big fight out of it... but now they burning money on BET time

Comment

Golovkin never would have accepted a step aside deal to allow such a travesty to take place.
        Good, Mayweather would be a paper champ a the division just like Cotto is.

Comment

He said himself he wanted an easy fight. He literally ducked Amir Khan. There was no way he was going in there with Cotto.

Comment

People need to leave him alone and let him retire for good, he has done well for himself in this sport and there are other fighters who would now have a great chance at proving themselves to the general public, for example GGG who has the style to appease the public.

Comment

He cares too much about his health to go above 150 again.

Comment

I have a hard time believing a Mayweather vs Cotto II fight couldn't have been made even with RocNation getting with Cotto with this Haymon vs Jay Z beef that I still don't fully understand or understand the degree of a beef there is with them.

But **** man anything woulda been a better choice than Berto. Cotto II, Canelo II, Manny II, Thurman, Brook, Khan, Bradley, Marquez II. I disagree with all the Duck People who've claimed Floyd hasn't fought virtually anyone he's supposed to have fought. I feel like Floyd fought a top 3, top 5 choice every since the De La Hoya fight that put Floyd atop boxing, but **** man there was probably 15-20 guys that would've been better choices than Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I have a hard time believing a Mayweather vs Cotto II fight couldn't have been made even with RocNation getting with Cotto with this Haymon vs Jay Z beef that I still don't fully understand or understand the degree of a beef there is with them.

But **** man anything woulda been a better choice than Berto. Cotto II, Canelo II, Manny II, Thurman, Brook, Khan, Bradley, Marquez II. I disagree with all the Duck People who've claimed Floyd hasn't fought virtually anyone he's supposed to have fought. I feel like Floyd fought a top 3, top 5 choice every since the De La Hoya fight that put Floyd atop boxing, but **** man there was probably 15-20 guys that would've been better choices than Berto.
                  Probably, but choosing ANY of those would have got isht on by the Mayweather haters around here, So there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
                    Did Floyd miss the boat by fighting Berto... If he faught Cotto for the WBC and lineal Middleweight Championship of the World he would have a 6th weight class World title...
                    He could of faught at 154 or lighter?
                    It would have been for big money and he would have been a solid favorite...

He could have captured the title under the nose of GGG and then retire... GGG has been chasing this Title since Sergio Martinez a few years back... That would be a total "In your face".....

I think GGG is the next big money draw out there and Floyd could have added that Middleweight Crown without fighting him....
                    Thoughts ???

Floyd/GGG > floyd/cotto

Comment

Miss the boat?

Miss the boat? What are you implying, exactly? That Floyd would beat Cotto again? Floyd isn't stupid and almost retired after the first fight with Cotto. Did you know that? It was too painful. I doubt Floyd wants ANY part of this Cotto. Cotto would beat Floyd up again BUT this time he won't gas.

Comment

Working...
                      X