No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berto: I Got A lot More Than $4 Million For Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goldenbear View Post
    When you add up all the fights it comes to 10.2 to 10.3 million buys. The average price being $70 PPV estimated. So that's $714-$721 mil. They typically get $10 mil for international rights for the fight however got $40 mil for the Pac fight and I'm not sure what they received for the Canelo fight. So we'll say Sho at least got $90 mil for international rights. So lets just make it at least $800 mil Sho made on the Floyd deal. Even if Showtime gave Floyd 60% of the money which would be $480 mil they still walked away with at least $320 mil on the deal. I don't know what world people are living in but that's some real dough. These are very very conservative numbers even the most pessimistic person would conclude. I believe Showtime made more however I don't have enough solid data to go above those numbers.
    Thats not how boxing economics works. The service provider gets the lions share of the money, 50% goes to the service provider. When you start to add up all the people who get paid before Showtime its pretty obvious showtime lost money.

I did a quick back of the envelope calc to determine the kind of % take showtime would need to get to break even given the fighters purses in the Alverez fight

Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
    B = Break Even
    N% = Network Take
    P = Fighter Purse

B = P/N%

For the Alvarez fight if Showtime broke even then

B = 170.3 (ppv + gate)
    P = 45.5

170.3= 45.5/N%

N% = 45.5/170.3 = 26.7%.
    Showtime did not get 26.7%.
    Last edited by GTTofAK; 09-22-2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR BERTO! View Post
      I was gonna say he way overexgratted the foreign rights numbers and he didnt even calculate that the PPV distributors take cause they take a huge chunk they take like 49%.

Now did Showtime make out on top with their deal with Mayweather, I am pretty sure when you look at the big picture they did (new subscribers, majority of all the top fighters fighting on their network for a breif period, and that only happened cause they took mayweather.) but if we talking direct profits from mayweather I am sure they are in the minus.
      I have to disagree. Anyone who subscribed to Showtime to see Floyd is a moron as Floyd doesnt fight on Showtime. He's a ppv fighter.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, Andre

-IRS

Comment

Good thing it wasn't performance based, Andre. Les Moonves could've just opened his wallet and gave you a 5.

Comment

berto's a idiot. everybody made alot of money except for him plus he got whoopped

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Former two-time champion Andre Berto (30-4, 23KOs) has denied that his guarantee was only $4 million dollars for the September 12th bout with WBC/WBA welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (49-0, 26KOs), who won a twelve round unanimous decision at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]
              Berto makes me think of a woman on welfare claiming she has more money coming after someone sees her monthly check. Make no mistake, Andre Berto is nothing more than a welfare recipient no matter how many zeros were on that check. It was a one sided farewell for Mayweather, probably would've been more entertaining if he had worn a blindfold though....

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                I have to disagree. Anyone who subscribed to Showtime to see Floyd is a moron as Floyd doesnt fight on Showtime. He's a ppv fighter.
                I meant the new subscribers they got from the influx of figthers who moved to strictly showtime cause of the entire Mayweather/GBP vs HBO thing that went on. Gotta remeber in 2013 all these fighters were GBP fighters first before they became Haymon fighters.

Comment

This fight was worse than the paquiao fight

Comment

Al Haymon is running a charity..... guy who couldn't sell 600 tickets for haiti getting paid 4 million dollars
                    Last edited by -Hyperion-; 09-22-2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

To talk about how much money you made in a fight where it truly seemed it didn't matter if you were there is laughable. Outside of Floyd wanting to be something of a pr1ck for choosing him, what would have merited a match up like that? Comparatively speaking again, it's kinda like going down on a babe only to find a raging hard **** waiting for you. I'm a Floyd fan but he made me use two words denoting a penis in one post. Jesus Floyd, really?!?! Berto?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                      X