No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Antonio Orozco Aims To Batter Humberto Soto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Antonio Orozco Aims To Batter Humberto Soto

LOS ANGELES - On October 3, one the most exciting fighters and fearsome punchers in boxing, Lucas "La Máquina" Matthysse (37-3, 34 KOs) will take on the dangerous and undefeated Viktor "The Iceman" Postol (27-0, 11 KOs) for the vacant WBC World Super Lightweight Championship at StubHub Center in Carson, Calif. Presented by Golden Boy Promotions in association with Arano Box Promotions, Top Rank, Inc. and ELITE Boxing Promotion, the championship event will be televised live on HBO Boxing After Dark beginning at 10:15 p.m. ET/PT. [Click Here To Read More]

Can't wait to see how this plays out. Orozco will try to bring the ferocity that MAtthyse approached Soto with, but is a little more wide and hunched over in his attack. I do think he has improved, tightened up how he throws his punches which has improved his speed...and I imagine that he will pick up the first couple of rounds. but Soto is a craftsman, he's older but can still make a fighter pay up the middle, especially if they blow their energy.

An ancient Stevie Forbes put on a decent fight against Orozco - i expect that to be the sort of fight we see...except that Soto still has more in the tank than Forbes.

having said all that, this is only a 10 rounder so Soto can't wait around for too long

Comment

Working...
    X