Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Video) Roger Mayweather ran entire fight and gets KTFO in 9th after told to engage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    So he should stand there and just let them hit him?
    holding and running is not part of boxing, its the most overlooked rule violation in boxing.

I wish they enforce it more.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Fast forward to 32:50 and watch from there the fight is boring up until that point you might fall asleep

Mills Lane said engage he was tired of the running by Roger and shortly after that while running away Roger gets hit with a grazing punch that didn't look that hard and he is out cold with his eyes open crumpled on the ropes like he died.

Its weird to see Roger fight similar to how Floyd fights now, im used to seeing Roger engage for KOs. This fight he basically looks like Floyd jr.
      Now you know why he talks like he has a sock in his mouth

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR BERTO! View Post
        holding and running is not part of boxing, its the most overlooked rule violation in boxing.

If they did Floyd would have lost 5 times and 10 if they enforce steroid use

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          Mills Lane is from the old school, where it was standard to count out a guy even when he was out cold

What do you think of MErchants comment the Guy who came to fight won the fight he was happy, the crowd was happy, and Lampley goes Justice is served. Thats the same reaction that would have happen if Pac landed a ko punch on Floyd after Floyd ran and hold all fight, but 100 times more amplified from the crowd.
          Honestly, I think its very ****ing disrespectful of a commentator to say "I'm so happy right now" when seeing someone on the floor completely out of it. And as for being "old school where its standard to count a guy out", the sport has moved forwards in terms of health and safety for a reason, with the amount of fighters you see that ended up with brain damage, its a good thing that refs call fights off when they know the other guy can't continue instead of just standing there and counting them when they clearly need medical attention.

Funny how these people who say "I'm so happy right now" to seeing somebody knocked out cold and being completely out of it and these people justifying the ref counting out a guy who is clearly unfit to continue and needs medical attention are the ones that aren't getting in there and risking their health.

As much as we love the sport there is more things to life than boxing and if we need to sacrifice a bit of excitement for the sake of the fighters being in better health after their careers then so be it.

Comment

Floyd used to just run (Hoya, Hatton fights). Now he runs and clinches. Why, because he realized he can get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR BERTO! View Post

Using lateral movement is not running

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
                Floyd used to just run (Hoya, Hatton fights). Now he runs and clinches. Why, because he realized he can get away with it.
                He did not run in either of those fights,is a boxer not suppose to use movement to avoid punches? is he not allowed to fight off the back foot?? what do ya'll call running because Floyd circles and attacks

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                  Honestly, I think its very ****ing disrespectful of a commentator to say "I'm so happy right now" when seeing someone on the floor completely out of it. And as for being "old school where its standard to count a guy out", the sport has moved forwards in terms of health and safety for a reason, with the amount of fighters you see that ended up with brain damage, its a good thing that refs call fights off when they know the other guy can't continue instead of just standing there and counting them when they clearly need medical attention.

Funny how these people who say "I'm so happy right now" to seeing somebody knocked out cold and being completely out of it and these people justifying the ref counting out a guy who is clearly unfit to continue and needs medical attention are the ones that aren't getting in there and risking their health.

As much as we love the sport there is more things to life than boxing and if we need to sacrifice a bit of excitement for the sake of the fighters being in better health after their careers then so be it.
                  I agree it's good we've moved past that, and now watch out for the fighters health more. That said this is an old fight. Saying that the ref did what he did because he is old school isn't an endorsement so much as it's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMacAttack View Post
                    I agree it's good we've moved past that, and now watch out for the fighters health more. That said this is an old fight. Saying that the ref did what he did because he is old school isn't an endorsement so much as it's a fact.
                    Fair point. I just got a vibe that the guy I was replying to was justifying it rather than stating that it occurred because it was an old fight with a ref from an old school era, if I'm wrong he can feel free to correct me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                      This man is pretty sick right now and this thread is extremely distasteless and unnecessary.

Shame on you. I hope you get banned for this
                      ... Ali is sick too... therefore?...

I agree that the thread is "distasteless"...

Comment

Working...
                      X