Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG has a crap resume? What great wins did past MWs have by their 33rd fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    He's exciting to watch. Fans love knock outs. Tyson did the same thing for a while. Meanwhile Wilder woke his opponents up off a park bench on fight night and told them to get in the ring.
    GGG opponents arnt the best but they do have some substance. Oh... I cannot leave on that note. I must bring up Floyd as another example. He has good names on his record. But boring as *** to watch. GGG>Floyd.
    Somehow I knew you would find a way to integrate Floyd into this conversation

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      Another difference is that Golovkin was a phenomenal amateur and had a great amateur career and Olympic medalist. He's had fans for a long time, people had been waiting on him to get out of Germany and come to the states, which he finally did in 2012. Williams just kinda popped out of no where. He also lost to Quintana at 147 which exposed his limitations a great deal.
      I really don't care what he did as an amateur.

Golovkin has had chances to challenge himself but hasn't. He hasn't done something like when Williams took on Martinez who was also something of an avoided fighter at the time (like say Ward?).

Williams could have easily stayed at 147 and feasted on no hopers defending his WBO belt. He did come back and beat Quintana. He just didn't have the crafty kind of handlers Golovkin does.

I can't believe I'm actually talking up Paul Williams tbh...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
        There's guys out there with similar resumes and get much more credit because of their color/flag. My 2c.
        Like who?

I don't know any other current boxer who would be widely considered one of the top 5 in the world when their best wins are Murray and Geale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          I really don't care what he did as an amateur.

Golovkin has had chances to challenge himself but hasn't. He hasn't done something like when Williams took on Martinez who was also something of an avoided fighter at the time (like say Ward?).

Williams could have easily stayed at 147 and feasted on no hopers defending his WBO belt. He did come back and beat Quintana. He just didn't have the crafty kind of handlers Golovkin does.

I can't believe I'm actually talking up Paul Williams tbh...
          Another joke post from a joke poster. Lol at the Martinez - Ward comparison. Martinez was coming up in weight. His career best win was what, Alex Bunema? Paul was a -350 favorite. GGG signing to fight Pirog for his first HBO outing was more of a risk, nm offering to meet Froch in the UK. You just can't help being clueless.

And no, PW probably couldn't have stayed at WW since he was gigantic at the weight and making it was taking a toll on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Another joke post from a joke poster. Lol at the Martinez - Ward comparison. Martinez was coming up in weight. His career best win was what, Alex Bunema? Paul was a -350 favorite. GGG signing to fight Pirog for his first HBO outing was more of a risk, nm offering to meet Froch in the UK. You just can't help being clueless.

And no, PW probably couldn't have stayed at WW since he was gigantic at the weight and making it was taking a toll on him.
            Both were moving up in weight. Martinez was a big underdog because of the lack of awareness of his ability. We can use Lara as someone who Williams fought but that might hit a little too close to home

Williams didn't move up because he needed to, he moved up because he wanted to test himself. He was overrated as hell IMO but he certainly had more courage than GGG.

Comment

Like who?

I don't know any other current boxer who would be widely considered one of the top 5 in the world when their best wins are Murray and Geale.
              And like I said, Golovkin doesn't deserve to be on the top 5 P4P list yet. I could also understand on why some people wouldn't list him on the top 10. I know his resume isn't that impressive. But like I stated in the thread, neither were these MW greats up to their 33rd fight.

Shinsuke Yamanaka is on the top 10 P4P list and I don't think it's all that to be honest. I love Japanese boxers also.

Ward is ranked #2 for doing what the last couple of years? Beating guys like Paul Smith? Sure he beat Froch but that was how long ago? Ward doesn't deserve to be that high either.

Another guy is Terrence Crawford. I mean cmon, he beats Gamboa who didn't belong at the weight and all of a sudden he's some grand shit? I like the guy too but he should be on the P4P list either yet.

Kell Brook is another one who I like but shouldn't even be there either.

Comment

Both were moving up in weight. Martinez was a big underdog because of the lack of awareness of his ability. We can use Lara as someone who Williams fought but that might hit a little too close to home

Williams didn't move up because he needed to, he moved up because he wanted to test himself. He was overrated as hell IMO but he certainly had more courage than GGG.
                Just stop, that was a moronic comparison, even for your sorry standards

So you gonna answer my simple question from earlier? Looking forward to more comedy from you

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Just stop, that was a moronic comparison, even for your sorry standards

So you gonna answer my simple question from earlier? Looking forward to more comedy from you
                  It was a comparison based on them both being avoided. Martinez was certainly someone who people didn't want to fight and he was naturally bigger than Williams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    And like I said, Golovkin doesn't deserve to be on the top 5 P4P list yet. I could also understand on why some people wouldn't list him on the top 10. I know his resume isn't that impressive. But like I stated in the thread, neither were these MW greats up to their 33rd fight.

Shinsuke Yamanaka is on the top 10 P4P list and I don't think it's all that to be honest. I love Japanese boxers also.

Ward is ranked #2 for doing what the last couple of years? Beating guys like Paul Smith? Sure he beat Froch but that was how long ago? Ward doesn't deserve to be that high either.

Another guy is Terrence Crawford. I mean cmon, he beats Gamboa who didn't belong at the weight and all of a sudden he's some grand shit? I like the guy too but he should be on the P4P list either yet.

Kell Brook is another one who I like but shouldn't even be there either.
                    Every single guy u named is more proven abd has a better resume than Golovkin. And the only one anyone ranks higher P4P wise is Ward who has a top 3 or 4 resume at smw. And nine if tgem have the h ype even close to Golovkin's. So tell me wtf do u even mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                      if GGG was black and named LeGreg Gene Gary he would be the next mike tyson. the middleweight mike tyson.

but because he isnt black, he's branded the often used term all hype that is often used with athletes who arent black.

if you show great athletic talent, and you're not black, you are all hyped until you face a great black athlete in your field.

that's just how americans think.

i dare anybody to challenge this.
                      LOL at the name...AND....you think that way TOO with regard to black athletes.

I'm black.....and GGG to me is more of a threat than Mike Tyson because guys are avoiding him (no money) and I don't see him destroying his legacy with drugs and whores like Mike.

But what you said kinda rings true - we are universally known as the best athletes (it is what it is). However, if GGG loses I still don't consider him to be a hype job because he's KNOCKING DUDES OUT that aren't normally getting stopped.

Comment

Working...
                      X