No announcement yet.

Showtime schedule for this fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it'll officially be called PBC on Showtime sometime in the future
    They advertise the PBC shows during there broadcasts, and use almost exclusively Haymon/PBC fighters. It's not officially part of the PBC, but it might as well be.

Comment

Give me good fights and I will watch, I don't give a damn what Network it is on

Some of you are getting a bit ridiculous with this Network Stuff! Are you a boxing fan or HBO or Showtime fans?

Boxing has the worse fans in all of Sports seriously I don't know any sport in which fans Root for the network their favorite sports team plays on

Comment

Give me good fights and I will watch, I don't give a damn what Network it is on Some of you are getting a bit ridiculous with this Network Stuff! Are you a boxing fan or HBO or Showtime fans?
        Some people are network fanboys, but I think more people are just being informed consumers. Showtime has next to nothing this whole year. If you are subscribing to this channel for the boxing alone, or if boxing is a huge part of why you have the channel, it's totally worth talking about. Depending on your cable package, these channels can run 15-20 bucks a month. That can add up.

HBO has had some good fights this year, but how in the hell are there stories about them having budget issues? Both networks made a ****load of money off the May Pac fight. If anything they should be increasing their budgets.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          Give me good fights and I will watch, I don't give a damn what Network it is on

Some of you are getting a bit ridiculous with this Network Stuff! Are you a boxing fan or HBO or Showtime fans?

Boxing has the worse fans in all of Sports seriously I don't know any sport in which fans Root for the network their favorite sports team plays on
          Boxing definitely has the worse fans, but I don't see the issue with appreciating or not appreciating who's doing things right or wrong in the sport at the network/promotional level.

An HBO show has a certain air of you are about to see some **** go down with its history of quality fights. Even when Kov fought that pizza delivery guy when the show was starting I was thinking oh **** this is gonna be good just cuz it was an HBO fight lol. HBO has a higher level of expectation based on their history. I was brutally wrong that night & truthfully my this is gonna be good stance lasted no further than remembering the fighters fighting, but still no one is putting on the quality fights with the quality of showmanship (even if I think Lampley is a moron) & professionalism that HBO does.

No denying at the end of the day a card or fight stands or falls on its own merits, but its silly to deny that HBO Boxing, PBC, Showtime or a GBP show gives fans a certain expectation of what will follow based on their past.

Comment

Seriously network fanboys?

How desperate can you even get?

What kind of pathetic losers even exist on the world?

Comment

Working...
            X