No announcement yet.

WAR Mayweather!!! The Official PBF Appreciation Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    "**** poochiao....Never saw a fighter turn down a 40 million dollar drug test!"

"How can a fighter be fighter of the decade, when he lost in the decade, and Im undefeated and have been champion over a decade?"

" And when I beat him, what are they gonna do. He was too small, Floyd could outbox him, there is always an excuse!"

As time goes by this video gets better and better and he made a lot of good points, plus he is pretty funny and on point

Look at Manny clinching instead of trying to counter or work inside.

Lost, with no gameplan, while Floyd just picks him apart. SMH.

Comment

• Originally posted by EuroBum View Post
      Great fighter

Comment

• War floyd!!

Comment

• Comment

• Look at how Floyd blocks all his shots, still controlling the fight even from the backfoot and guard without throwing.

Comment

• This poll is asking what we think of "Pretty Boy Floyd".

For that you're looking at

Manfredy (destroyed)
              Corrales (destroyed)
              Gatti (destroyed)

If you want to see PBF's absolute best - and I would say the Gatti fight stands out above all else.

But then on the other side:

De La Hoya (not destroyed,Floyd had to put in work)
              Augustus (destroyed, but Floyd had to put in some WORK all night long)
              Castillo (not destroyed, Floyd had to put in work)
              Judah (not destroyed, Floyd had to put in work)

Now, if we're talking "Money" Mayweather (which I consider a totally different stylistic fighter than PBF), every fight Floyd had to put in work except Manny. Yes, even against Ortiz, because Ortiz was getting in him until the first headbutt.

The best of "Money" Mayweather? I say Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                This poll is asking what we think of "Pretty Boy Floyd".

For that you're looking at

Manfredy (destroyed)
                Corrales (destroyed)
                Gatti (destroyed)

If you want to see PBF's absolute best - and I would say the Gatti fight stands out above all else.

But then on the other side:

De La Hoya (not destroyed,Floyd had to put in work)
                Augustus (destroyed, but Floyd had to put in some WORK all night long)
                Castillo (not destroyed, Floyd had to put in work)
                Judah (not destroyed, Floyd had to put in work)

Now, if we're talking "Money" Mayweather (which I consider a totally different stylistic fighter than PBF), every fight Floyd had to put in work except Manny. Yes, even against Ortiz, because Ortiz was getting in him until the first headbutt.

The best of "Money" Mayweather? I say Canelo.
                Yea well, that's cool and all that you like to act like one guy is two different people in your mind and all, but this is 'wraps thread, and 'wraps always referes to Floyd as PBF in the title when he wants to shake the trolls and casuals who might not know the reference, but whenever 'wraps does this, it's common knowledge that he means Floyd period, not any particular version of him, nor does this limit the analysis to one moniker, or the other.

So for this discussion, it's his entire body of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Yea well, that's cool and all that you like to act like one guy is two different people in your mind and all, but this is 'wraps thread, and 'wraps always referes to Floyd as PBF in the title when he wants to shake the trolls and casuals who might not know the reference, but whenever 'wraps does this, it's common knowledge that he means Floyd period, not any particular version of him, nor does this limit the analysis to one moniker, or the other.

So for this discussion, it's his entire body of work.
                  Flawed.

It's two different styles of fighting, which means it's always a 50/50 split - those who prefer the constant wars vs. those who prefer the sweet science. I could sit here and say that overall, Mayweather/Gatti was his best singular performance, but others might put his war with Augustus up there just because they like to see Floyd in trouble.

It'd be like me asking what was Holly Holm's best win. There's no right answer - do you mean BOXING win or MMA win? Because they're two totally different answers; her schooling of Ronda was NOT her best overall performance. But it was absolutely her best MMA performance. Same fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    Flawed.

It's two different styles of fighting, which means it's always a 50/50 split - those who prefer the constant wars vs. those who prefer the sweet science. I could sit here and say that overall, Mayweather/Gatti was his best singular performance, but others might put his war with Augustus up there just because they like to see Floyd in trouble.

It'd be like me asking what was Holly Holm's best win. There's no right answer - do you mean BOXING win or MMA win? Because they're two totally different answers; her schooling of Ronda was NOT her best overall performance. But it was absolutely her best MMA performance. Same fighter.
                    It's not two different styles of fighting you numpty.

That's a lazy and awful way of describing very minor adjustments in his appraoch in the ring. Floyd was more active, and came forward early in his career but he didn't get into "wars".

And an ever worse comparison is boxing and mma.

Are you wasted right now? What nonsense.

You probably heard that narrative somewhere around here and are just co-signign it, because anyone who has studied his whole career knows his style has been the same since the amateurs, he became less aggressive as time passed, and as the continous defending champ he has that right in a sense, but far, far from the night and day difference you suggest, the fact that you insist we are talking about two different fighters is laughable and ignorant.

Comment

• WAR FLOYD!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X