No announcement yet.

Fighting Mayweather was the easiest payday of anyone's career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting Mayweather was the easiest payday of anyone's career

Guys make millions fighting Floyd and barely leave with a mark on them. Getting hit 4-5 times a round and making $4 million for the night sure makes sense to me. No wonder everyone always chased that fight.

It's time to move on and finally see everyone fight each other instead of holding out for that payday ( yeah I'm talking to you Khan). Boxing will be a better place without Mayweather, just not for the guys chasing an easy payday to take the loss.

Yup, it's like getting paid 4 million for a sparring session where you don't get hurt at all with many grabs in between

Comment

Ok, he's retired now. Why are we still making threads about him?

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        Ok, he's retired now. Why are we still making threads about him?
        That's the best part. They're all saying how glad they are for fans of Floyd to leave to talk about real boxing, when they're the ones who spend all day crying about him
        Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 09-13-2015, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Obsessed yo. Let's talk Thurman vs Porter, GGG vs Lemieux. Something.

I mean damn.

Comment

its sad how haters spend more time talking about the guy they hate more than the gut the actually support

Comment

Originally posted by k1llu View Post
              its sad how haters spend more time talking about the guy they hate more than the gut the actually support
              Most topics will be about current news. Current news has been Mayweather and his compadre senior IV and now with his retirement people are trying to see what the sport will be like in his absence. Some think better, some think worse.
              Last edited by SplitSecond; 09-13-2015, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                Guys make millions fighting Floyd and barely leave with a mark on them. Getting hit 4-5 times a round and making $4 million for the night sure makes sense to me.
                Its not that complicated. This is a putting asses in seats business & Mayweather puts more asses in seats thus gets more money for him & his opponent. Don't overthink it.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  Most topics will be about current news. Current news has been Mayweather and his compadre senior IV and now with his retirement people are trying to see what the sport will be like in his absence. Some think better, some think worse.
                  Mayweather-berto been stickied for months. Mayweather is entertaining. It's the most popular topic of discussion in boxing no matter what. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by k1llu View Post
                    Its fascinating I think.

There has been some pro wrestler level of open hate going on with Mayweather for a long time. I personally believe its hard enough to capture a fan base that loves & talks about you all the time in boxing, but to capture a that base & a (anti)fan base that loves to hate you & talks about you all the time is a feat seldom accomplished in boxing.

Its very few guys (imo) who've gotten to a high level of hate & off the dome the only guys I can think of is Jack Johnson, Muhammad Ali (although revisionist boxing fans act like Ali was loved from his pro debut til retirement) & Mike Tyson & I think Mayweather surpassed all except Johnson, but that was in a different time & racism played a huge part in the hate towards him.

Comment

Working...
                    X