Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather's IV injection (Master thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    When Chavez sr was fighting Tayor, his corner told him he was losing, yelling in his ear he was losing, begging him to do it for Mexico, his family, etc...
    There's also the other part of that where Taylor's corner was telling him the fight was close and to go out there and keep fighting in the 12th round when in fact, Taylor was way ahead and didn't really need to fight in the 12th round...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
      There's also the other part of that where Taylor's corner was telling him the fight was close and to go out there and keep fighting in the 12th round when in fact, Taylor was way ahead and didn't really need to fight in the 12th round...
      Doesn't this pretty much blow away whatever point you were trying to make?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rath View Post
        your analogy is flawed.
        In what way???

I am stating two things.

Corner men say lots of things
        Corner men sometime give motivational speeches

Corner men do not officially judge fights.

Please help me Rath. I want to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          Doesn't this pretty much blow away whatever point you were trying to make?
          Uh...no. I mean, you do know what happened in that 12th round, don't you?

Comment

Yes. I added that to my post. I remember Duva motivating him in a fight he had in the bag.

My point is a corners comments to motivate a fighter are just that. Motivational talk. These guys want to turn that into an argument for something????
            Somehow a corner man's statements are now part of the scoring process.

That being said, Freddy Roach said Floyd won. Fought his usual defensive style.

But these guys are beyond desperate to restore PAC!

Comment

In what way???

I am stating two things.

Corner men say lots of things
              Corner men sometime give motivational speeches

Corner men do not officially judge fights.

Please help me Rath. I want to understand.
              corner men says a lot of things - out of 48 fights you only said you are losing the fight fighting against Pac.

corner men does not officially judge the fight that explains number 1.

corner men say things only to motivate their fighter, they have different approach or style of doing it but bottomline is motivation.

when corner men say wwe are losing the fight, together with you are fighting scared, that can not be considered motivational don't you think.

was taylor's corner told meldrick you were fighting scared?

if so your analogy is ok if not it's flawed.

Comment

Uh...no. I mean, you do know what happened in that 12th round, don't you?
                No he doesn't! Obviously!!

Now that fight had real controversies.

Pretty much ruined Taylor's career.
                Catapulted Chavez to even greater fame. Allowing Don King to make more money off him. But these guys measure boxing very simply.

Pre PAC some things happened, after PAC gained fame, they became fans & are now investigators, but only related to PAC.

They don't investigate how Marquez beat PAC in the third fight? And they stay away from watching that near death KO shot. He Got KTFO!!

Smelling salts to minimize the shame. PACs corner were trying to prevent more photos of the face down PAC man.
                Last edited by Zaroku; 12-18-2015, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rath View Post
                  corner men says a lot of things - out of 48 fights you only said you are losing the fight fighting against Pac.

corner men does not officially judge the fight that explains number 1.

corner men say things only to motivate their fighter, they have different approach or style of doing it but bottomline is motivation.

when corner men say wwe are losing the fight, together with you are fighting scared, that can not be considered motivational don't you think.

was taylor's corner told meldrick you were fighting scared?

if so your analogy is ok if not it's flawed.
                  Your logic is flawed. So, if we believe his trainer, that he is fighting scared. Then believe his trainer when he said it was an easy fight. Believe his trainer when he said Manny can't beat Floyd. Manny lacks the skills.

Floyd fights that way. You may not like it. He beat Canelo fighting that way. He couldn't against Castillo, or Maidana. Those guys are old school brawlers. Not as fast as manny, but two tough customers.

Freddy said he thinks Floyd won, in typical Floyd fashion.

You got no real point.

Comment

Your logic is flawed. So, if we believe his trainer, that he is fighting scared. Then believe his trainer when he said it was an easy fight. Believe his trainer when he said Manny can't beat Floyd. Manny lacks the skills.

Floyd fights that way. You may not like it. He beat Canelo fighting that way. He couldn't against Castillo, or Maidana. Those guys are old school brawlers. Not as fast as manny, but two tough customers.

Freddy said he thinks Floyd won, in typical Floyd fashion.

You got no real point.

my logic is fine, out of 48 fight only on th 48th did floyd's corner said we are losing and you are fighting scared.

Fact.

find me a proof where floyd's corner said that same thing in any of his fight and i will accept my logic is flawed. otherwise your analogy is flawed, stands.

Comment

• If all Floyd's fights went 12 rounds

We have 11 min of corner instructions.
                      11 min x 49 fights

But Floyd stopped half the guys or so

You should dig up the full minute of each of those rounds and compile that into proof.

What it will prove is nothing!!!

Manny lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X