Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather's IV injection (Master thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

You know what "contributed to" means?

Just in case you say that I'm taking the definition out of context, here you go:

"contribute to" : to be an important factor in; help to cause:
    EXAMPLE: A sudden downpour contributed to the traffic jam.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/contributed?s=t

It's right in front of you and you still do not get what "contributed to" means. You are a lost case, my man.

The rest of what you said, I already explained it to you. Floyd is so special, he got his TUE. No other reason for it because it was prohibited. Remember when you said "but its a method not substance so it is not part of the prohibited list"

Well, USADA themselves said that methods are part of the prohibited list, just like I tried many times to tell you but that too, you didn't understand just like you do not understand what "contributed to" means!
    Again, you have no point because that is NOT what Mayweather or Ellerbe said. So you using blood and urine samples as the reason behind the dehydration is bogus.

Also, as usual, you say things no one said. I never said 'but it's a method not substance, so it's not part of the prohibited list.'

USADA gave him a Retroactive TUE within rules and it was not prohibited. You still seem to not understand the definition of a Retroactive TUE and the reasons it's given.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      I still like the ''but Floyd took more than 50ml which is 'illegal' !!!'' and still avoiding exemption guidelines.

Here's what 50ml looks like in the real world to cover someone with dehydration! Yup, that surely is going to cover 3-4 liters the average human loses in a day!

They own themselves every time!

Comment

• Originally posted by IR0NFIST View Post
        I'm glad we can both agree that there was no medical emergency. A few glasses of water would have been sufficient for the treatment of Floyd's mild dehydration, and he injected 750 ml of saline directly into his bloodstream for another reason.
        Grasping at straws.
        Sugarkaine & Raheem, these fanatical fans..... Well.... Rational people get me.
        Postol went Postal on Lucas. I bet, I lost, I paid. End of story. You guys know more about the details than I know.

Can either of you venture a guess when PACman's fans can, do the ice princess thing and....... Let it go...... Let it ..... Go. Ployd beat PAC easy anyway.

Just what I saw in the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post

Dehydration. And it's not 15 times the amount normally used. Dehydration amounts are based from individual to individual, with one key factor being used is their own weight.

Floyd's justification for injecting excessive amounts of saline was "dark urine". Let's have a look at the symptoms that would justify the use of IVs containing 15 times the amount of saline allowed by WADA.
          • Increased or constant vomiting for more than a day
          • Fever over 101°F
          • Diarrhea for more than 2 days
          • Weight loss
          • Decreased urine production
          • Confusion
          • Weakness
          • Fever higher than 103°F
          • Confusion
          • Sluggishness (lethargy)
          • Headache
          • Seizures
          • Difficulty breathing
          • Chest or abdominal pains
          • Fainting
          • No urine in the last 12 hours

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/dehydration-adults

Oddly enough, dark urine is absent from the list. Apparently, having "dark urine" isn't a severe enough condition for someone to seek medical help. I guess a few glasses of water would have been sufficient for the treatment of Floyd's mild dehydration, and he injected 750 ml of saline directly into his bloodstream for another reason.

Comment

Floyd's justification for injecting excessive amounts of saline was "dark urine". Let's have a look at the symptoms that would justify the use of IVs containing 15 times the amount of saline allowed by WADA.
            • Fever over 101°F
            • Weight loss
            • Confusion
            • Weakness
            • Confusion
            • Headache
            • Seizures
            • Difficulty breathing
            • Fainting

Oddly enough, dark urine is absent from the list. Apparently, having "dark urine" isn't a severe enough condition for someone to seek medical help. I guess a few glasses of water would have been sufficient for the treatment of Floyd's mild dehydration, and he injected 750 ml of saline directly into his bloodstream for another reason.
            Floyd dished out the most devastating loss in boxing history.

Comment

• Fever over 101°F
              • Weight loss
              • Confusion
              • Weakness
              • Confusion
              • Headache
              • Seizures
              • Difficulty breathing
              • Fainting

It being absent from the list is meaningless. Dark urine is indicative of dehydration. The darker the urine, the more dehydrated. Do you ever stop owning yourself?

Comment

It being absent from the list is meaningless. Dark urine is indicative of dehydration. The darker the urine, the more dehydrated. Do you ever stop owning yourself?

Look at this armchair doctor.

WebMD is an award winning website in the field of medicine and health communication. They have at least 4 licensed medical doctors permanently on its content editing board, and takes contributions from over 100 other doctors and medical experts from around the United States. The information on that site is anything but "meaningless".

You seem to be confused as to who's being owned in this argument. Confusion is a symptom of severe dehydration, I think you might need an IV bag of saline.

Comment

Look at this armchair doctor.

WebMD is an award winning website in the field of medicine and health communication. They have at least 4 licensed medical doctors permanently on its content editing board, and takes contributions from over 100 other doctors and medical experts from around the United States. The information on that site is anything but "meaningless".

You seem to be confused as to who's being owned in this argument. Confusion is a symptom of severe dehydration, I think you might need an IV bag of saline.
                  Okay, now let's use your very own link against you. As your very own link owns you.

Symptoms of Dehydration in Adults

The signs and symptoms of dehydration range from minor to severe and include:

Increased thirst
                  Dry mouth and swollen tongue
                  Weakness
                  Dizziness
                  Palpitations (feeling that the heart is jumping or pounding)
                  Confusion
                  Sluggishness fainting
                  Fainting
                  Inability to sweat
                  Decreased urine output

Urine color may indicate dehydration. If urine is concentrated and deeply yellow or amber, you may be dehydrated.

Comment

Okay, now let's use your very own link against you. As your very own link owns you.

Those symptoms aren't listed under "when to seek medical care". Try again.

Comment

Those symptoms aren't listed under "when to seek medical care". Try again.
                      It comes directly from the same link you just posted, off the same page. You just didn't bother to fully read your own links as usual.

And further into the pages, that site owns you again even in the medical treatment. But like I said, you never fully read the things you post. And in the end get owned by your own links.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/d...-adults?page=3

Dehydration in Adults

Medical Treatment

Treatment in the emergency department focuses first on restoring blood volume and then body fluids, while determining the cause of the dehydration.

If your core body temperature is greater than 104 °F, doctors will cool the entire body. They may promote cooling by evaporation with mists and fans or cooling blankets and baths.

Fluid replacement

- If there is no nausea and vomiting, fluid replacement is begun. You are asked to drink electrolyte/carbohydrate-containing fluids along with water.

- If there are signs of significant dehydration (elevated resting heart rate, low blood pressure), fluids are generally given through an IV, a tube placed into a vein.

Comment

Working...
                      X