Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather's IV injection (Master thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
    rappler.com/sports/by-sport/boxing-mma/pacquiao/105449-pacquiao-vindicated-mayweather-controversy

MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao says he feels “vindicated” after a report that Floyd Mayweather Jr. received a banned intravenous injection the day before their fight this past May.

“Truth finally came out and I was vindicated,” Pacquiao texted to PhilStar’s Abac Cordero in reaction to the report on SBNation stating that Mayweather had received a retroactive therapeutic use exemption after IVs containing multi-vitamins and Vitamin C were discovered at his home by United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) agents following the weigh-in.

The story points out that the substances are not banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), which sets the standards for anti-doping testing, but that intravenous therapy "of more than 50 mL per 6 hour period except for those legitimately received in the course of hospital admissions,surgical procedures or clinical investigations" is on WADA's “Prohibited Substances and Methods List.”

“Mayweather camp used to accused (sic) me of using PED. Now, look at what happened. I hope Floyd Mayweather would learn a good lesson out of it.”
    Good post

Comment

• http://www.sportal.com.au/other/news...j1pn0ouyaq27t2

The latest from paulie

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post

Floyd gets caught...Paulie talks about PAC

Comment

• Floyd says on the video that he took the IV because he was dehydrated?
          Why did rehydrate in that manner, why so much Saline..way over the legal limit?
          Why in a manner that is more consistent with 'flushing out your system'.

''From a medical point of view, if they're administering what they said they did, it doesn't make sense to me. There are more effective ways to rehydrate. If you drank ice-cold Celtic seawater, you'd have far greater benefits. It's very suspicious to me. I can tell you that IV drugs clear an athlete's system more quickly than drugs that are administered by subcutaneous injection. So why did USADA make this decision? Why did they grant something that's prohibited? In my view, that's something federal law enforcement officials should be asking Travis Tygart.'' - Victor Conte

That's even before you go into the fact that Floyd broke rules, and USADA handed out waivers that they weren't entitled to.

The whole situation is beyond fishy.
          Last edited by Chrismart; 09-10-2015, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• When the testers could not be avoided, Armstrong and his teammates turned to drug masking, the report said. It indicated that during the 1998 world championships, testers were diverted to other riders on the United States team while one of Armstrong's doctors smuggled a bag of saline under his raincoat, getting it past the tester and administering saline to Armstrong before Armstrong was required to provide a blood sample.

The saline infusion restored Armstrong's blood values to a level that would not attract attention.
            http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/12/sp...ests.html?_r=0

Last edited by Hype job; 09-10-2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
              This is bad. Someone get Paulie Malignaggi on the phone ASAP!

Comment

• Why do people keep saying the legal limit, when it clearly states, with a granted TUE, you can go over the 50ml. This is becoming comical

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  Anytime A topic is BLOWN up and it takes up half the threads on the front page, we make a sticky until it blows over.

Questions? Post here

Comments? Post here

New article came out? Post it here

BPP Will post new changes to the story as they come out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    oh shit, it got his onw master thread

Comment

• Awhile back people were going on about his vampire facial, wasn't that also something Lance Armstrong did?

Comment

Working...
                      X