Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Danny Garcia hold off Chino Maidana's brutal offense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Danny Garcia hold off Chino Maidana's brutal offense?

I see Garcia taking a beating by the hands of Maidana.

In my opinion I think Maidana put hands on Danny Garcia. Danny Garcia is a good boxer, but he doesn't have fast enough feet to run away from Chino.

A pot shot and clinch won't hold off Maidana. To beat Maidana you have to go to dark places. You have to have balls. When Marcos is landing bombs on your dome, and you don't know where you are, you have to put your life on the line for victory.

A strong brawler like Maidana is going to get his licks in whether he wins or loses.

I don't think Danny Garcia's best combinations could stop Maidana. I think Danny would have to load up on left hooks and risk getting knocked out to get the knockout.

Both Danny Garcia and Marcos Maidana are top-level boxers, but that's just how I see it.
    Last edited by punchr; 09-09-2015, 05:15 AM.

Garcia's power was overrated at 140, at 147 I assume its aint **** (and Maidana is big welter) . His stamina is suspect too and I think after Matthysse fight something happened to him, he probably told his team that he doesnt want to fight punchers anymore, I mean instead of using momentum after his biggest win he was put on ridiculous featherfisted diet.

Fighting Maidana would be a shock for him. Maidana's weaknesses are his strengths, he is so unpredictable, that he surprised Mayweather (probably best counterpuncher today) and Broner (not bad counterpuncher). So all arguments about how underrated Garcia's abilities are and how he gonna counterpunch caveman Maidana all day long are for me irrelevant.

I see Garcia quitting on his stool in later rounds.

Comment

danny would beat the hell out of maidana.

styles make fights. a lot of people don't understand that.

Comment

Lmfao this thread.

Amir Khan held off Chino's 'brutal offence' !!!!

Garcia beat Matthysse's ass, spanked it in fact.

Comment

Danny would need to adopt the same spoiling tactic and that degree of luck he had when he fought Lucas Matthysse otherwise Danny would get a bad beating that's just the truth.
          Yes Danny was lucky in his win over Lucas.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
            Lmfao this thread.

Held off? He managed to drop him from a good body shot in the first,but from then on out it was Khan doing his best imitation of Bambi on ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
              Lmfao this thread.

Triangular theories don't often work in boxing but If you think Garcia beats Maidana you will be one of the very few, should put up a bet with me give me odds since you're confident

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                Held off? He managed to drop him from a good body shot in the first,but from then on out it was Khan doing his best imitation of Bambi on ice.
                No Khan was getting the best out of Maidana, he was moving and catching Maidana clean with 3-4+ punch combos in succession it was only when Khan starter to slow down that Maidana had his small chance but apart from that it was a clear victory for Khan and should have been on the scorecards as well because Khan dominated for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                  Maidanas success came from the 9th onward. Not before, that said I'd favour Maidana over Garcia, but I don't think Maidana will ever get down to 147 again. He is absolutely huge now.

Comment

I think Garcia would seriously beat the crap outta Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                    X