Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Danny Garcia hold off Chino Maidana's brutal offense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes,Garcia would punch with Chino,I like this fight..I think Garcia has a very good shot..

Comment

Garcia has an Iron chin. Danny Garcia I'd good against come forward fighters like Maidana. He sucks against movers

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
        Garcia has an Iron chin. Danny Garcia I'd good against come forward fighters like Maidana. He sucks against movers
        I think he sucks against pressure fighters as well, look at how much he needed the referee and holding to beat someone like Lucas Matthysse and even in that fight it was still a very closely contested fight even with Lucas with just one eye.

Unlike Lucas, Maidana would rough Danny up in the clinch and bully him around the ring forcing him on the backfoot.

Comment

Danny Garcia is basically a coward from inside,I could clearly see a fear in his eyes when Harrera and Peterson beats him.

Maidana would beat him better than he beat Broner,actually Maidana would expose him like he exposed Broner.
          Last edited by trixx12; 09-09-2015, 07:21 AM.

Comment

As soon as danny lands a shot to the body maidonna is done
            I just don't think he takes body shots real good

Comment

Peterson was able to back Garcia up towards the end of their fight, and he didn't like it. I'd imagine the same would happen against Maidana.

I'd favour Maidana but i'm interested in seeing how he looks when he comes back, he's been out of the ring a while now. I think we may see him at 154 before 147.

Comment

Maidana wants Garcia for his comeback fight. He's not interested in fighting cab drivers at this point in his career. But Haymon will prevent this fight from happening and give Garcia a long line of inactive, semi-retired opponents before giving him to Chino.

Point is fans want these kinds of fights, but this effing Haymon just won't cooperate.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                  As soon as danny lands a shot to the body maidonna is done
                  I just don't think he takes body shots real good
                  thats what everyone says before every maidana fight since khan!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel_T5 View Post
                    thats what everyone says before every maidana fight since khan!!!
                    Larry Merchant said it a looong time ago. "Everyone THINKS they can beat the vulnerable Maidana"

Robert Garcia also said "They think it's an easy fight when they're fighting Chino Maidana"

Chris Algieri's team also said "You see Maidana on TV, but it's not until you step in the ring with him that see what he's truly capable of. He's the strongest fighter I've ever worked with P4P."

Chris Algieri said "Maidana is the strongest puncher I've ever fought. A LOT stronger than Ruslan Provodnikov with EITHER hand."

Josesito Lopez said "Marcos Maidana punches harder than Canelo Alvarez".

And multiple people have said he punches harder than middleweights (this was when he was at 140). One of the reasons he was Gennady Golovkin's sparring partner when they were in Germany.

Also, HBO had it right. When Maidana fought for HBO they said one of his biggest strengths was his RING IQ. People don't understand the difference between talent, skills, and intelligence. Maidana isn't fast, he didn't have good technique, but he was very smart and whenever an opponent presented an opening he kept going for it. That's how he defeated Victor Ortiz. Maidana realized he could keep landing with his overhand right. When he fought Khan he realized that uppercuts were very effective and he kept throwing them. When he fought Broner he realized that left hooks are easy to set up on Broner.

Maidana is a very underrated fighter. That's why even on his worst night nobody has been able to stop him. He's smart, he's just not very fast/agile to make it obvious like someone like Floyd Mayweather can.

Comment

He can, he would and most likely would win the fight if these two ever met. By KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X